Open Purchase Order Report - ghost in the machine?

One of my users is having the Open Purchase Order Report sporadically pop up on her computer screen. Every couple of days. For years lol. I’m thinking she’s running some function that also launches/schedules the report. It then generates in the background, and then opens up on her screen some time later.

I don’t see anything suspicious in System Monitor or scheduled tasks/system agent.

Anyone have an idea on what epicor function might trigger that report to generate? I don’t think we have any BPMs that would do that… thought to ask yall before combing through them.

Or any other idea what might be going on? Thanks!

When you open the system monitor, make sure to go to Actions > Display All Tasks. This way you can see tasks that have been submitted by other users. Watch the user when she submits the report for preview (or print). Is she checking Schedule Now, or Recurring?

Hopefully that solves it!

Sounds like a great joke.

Yes I see all the history. She isn’t intentionally running the report.
She may have accidentally ticked Recurring some time in the past, but there is no schedule for this time.

I’ll look in database just in case something is hidden somehow…

You can also whip up some BAQs to peek into the seedy underbelly of Epicor:

Check the SysTaskLog table for errors.
Check the SysTask table to see all the tasks and details.

See if that opens up anything for you.

So sorry to hear this is happening to you, however, THANK GOD I am not the only one. We are having what I call ghost prints. Same thing with yours, but we also get physical prints. They will print, for instance, a green tag or sales order report. Then, a few days later they will get it reprinted by no initiation of their own. I have contacted Epicor as well as multiple 3rd party consultants to no avail. No one has ever seen this and they cannot find the solution. We did find that shutting of the test task agent resolves it, or at least slows it down. Good luck! I have been chasing this gremlin for nearly 2 years now.