Operator can not clock out. Epicor throwing record-locked error

Chia,

The update is to the LaborDtl.AcriveTrans & LaborDtl_TimeStatus fields. The
table is big so the BAQ limits it to last & current day. If you’re thinking
of a dashboard for this, you could use the JobNumber.

The query syntax is:

select
[LaborDtl].[JobNum] as [LaborDtl_JobNum],
[LaborDtl].[EmployeeNum] as [LaborDtl_EmployeeNum],
[LaborDtl].[ActiveTrans] as [LaborDtl_ActiveTrans],
[LaborDtl].[TimeStatus] as [LaborDtl_TimeStatus],
[LaborDtl].[LaborHedSeq] as [LaborDtl_LaborHedSeq],
[LaborDtl].[LaborDtlSeq] as [LaborDtl_LaborDtlSeq],
[LaborDtl].[LaborType] as [LaborDtl_LaborType],
[LaborDtl].[CreatedBy] as [LaborDtl_CreatedBy],
[LaborDtl].[CreateDate] as [LaborDtl_CreateDate],
[LaborDtl].[CreateTime] as [LaborDtl_CreateTime],
[LaborDtl].[ChangedBy] as [LaborDtl_ChangedBy],
[LaborDtl].[ChangeDate] as [LaborDtl_ChangeDate],
[LaborDtl].[ChangeTime] as [LaborDtl_ChangeTime]
from Erp.LaborDtl as LaborDtl
where (LaborDtl.ChangeDate >= DATEADD (day, -1, GETDATE()))

Here are the updatable dashboards we use in E9. Unsets the clocked in on laborhed and active on labordtl.

I have a trusted user that runs them so they are wide open.

HTH

Greg

update laborhed.dbd (95.3 KB)

update labordtl.dbd (85.9 KB)

To unlock the records, do you just uncheck the LaborHed.ActiveTrans field when doing the update or is there another field that needs to be updated?

The stuck ones are usually lines with active checked and a
blank/null/whatever on LaborDtl. We uncheck and set it to A

Yes, just uncheck the active trans in LaborDtl. That is the same as 8920
LaborHed.Clockedin uncheck clockedin That is the same as 8930

let me know if you can see these images.

Kim, thanks so much. This isn’t the exact problem we experienced but I have seen the problem you posted as well.

This is a common problem with our system as well. Many times this will happen and we’ll see “Lock Wait Timeout” multiple times in the app server logs. This error is because of a deadlock in the SQL database caused by some sort of bug in Epicor that we can’t get pinned down for support because it only happens coincidentally on the floor. Waiting a few minutes for all the locks to expire is the only remedy. Rebooting the server works because it takes longer than that for it to come up, but it’s rather extreme. Keeping everybody’s hands off after killing all the clients also achieves this. However, there doesn’t seem to be a very easy method to resolve this issue.

1 Like

Jim, we are on Progress DB, not SQL and this has never happened to us before but ours seems to stem from one particular job and one particular operation on that job. I have no clue “why” but it’s happened twice now during “ending activity” on the particular operation on the particular job. Any idea what could cause it?

Best regards

Mike Abell
IT Manager

Flexial Corporation
a company of BOA Group
1483 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506, USA

Phone: +1 931 432 8408
Fax: +1 931 432 1889
Mail: mabell@flexial.com
http://www.boagroup.comhttp://www.boagroup.com/

Take a look at this job and one that doesn’t have the problem that uses the same operation, if possible. What are the differences? I would look at the resources as well. Do you have more than one resource for the operation?

I have seen this before but it has been quite some time ago.

Beth

Progress
it’s happened twice now during “ending activity” on the particular operation on the particular job
Not exactly the same as your situation…
Just something similar that happened to me this spring - V8.03.409C / Progress.
Out of the blue certain operations where users couldn’t clock out
and a nasty side effect:

• The bi file would start to grow continuously after a user would try to clock out of these labor records. Performance degraded for all users & if not corrected would eventually fill up the disk.
  • each night I ran the conversion programs
    ---- had to find the related process(es) in the task manager & kill those, reboot the server
    ------- and go back and verify labor records were inactive. sometimes rerunning the conversion program(s).

After about a week I was told by tech support it was a known issue on 8.03.409C and patching to 8.03.410 was the only fix. I was skeptical but… the patch actually worked in this case.

Is anyone else having an issue with the RDDs not migrating for Crystal Reports? First I thought Epicor was not migrating the report type base so I changed the type to Crystal. Unfortunately that did not nothing for the migration of RDDs . Some of the RDDs are still missing. It’s interesting how only the last RDD for the form migrated. Why the last and not the first?