Order Entered into System Date or Time

All-

I am new to creating BAQs so please bear with me.

I am trying to create a query to find the lead time for Sales Orders getting entered. Currently for how we enter POs, under the header “Order Date” the date there is the date corresponding to the one on the PO. That date isn’t always the same day as it was entered.

Is there a field that shows when the Sales order was created by the user? I need to find the lead time from when a “New” sales order was entered in relationship to the “Order Date” from the PO.

Any help would be great!

Jim,

On the Order Entry Summary tab, the “Order Date” field is set to the current date when a sales order is created. HOWEVER, it can be changed at any time. In order to actually store that date, you’d need to either make that field read-only to the user OR create a UD field to hold that date for your purposes.

If you don’t need to run regular reports, you could just enable the Change Log. That would log when the Order is first created.

But this requires you loading the record, then viewing the change log.

The most straightforward is to add a UD field to OrderHed, and use a Data Directive to populate that field when the record is created.

We added a UD field to capture that info and report on it in the same way you are looking to.

If you use Book Order all the info is already there.

Vinay Kamboj