Order line invoice not pulled into invoice group

alright, I’ll have to check that out.

If the invoice and apply dates in your group are less than the ship date of the pack it will not allow you to select

Also check the sales order and make sure someone did not accidentally check auto invoice check box.

I just did a test, and if the “Invoice when complete” box is checked on the Order, the packer only shows up under “Pending Order Completion”, and the Reday to Invoice box is un-checked.

Doing a Blind “Get All” does not create an invoice for it.

I did look for that, it wasn’t checked.

I’m going to see if I can figure out if this is the case. I think the ship date was before the end of the month (the 27th) and we was invoicing them today.(the 3rd)

Yeah I saw that. It’s not checked.

Is it a single line packer? Was it the only line on the order?

Does the packer show the order line as “Complete”?

Is the order line closed? (it should be if the packer did its thing)

Is it a single line packer? Was it the only line on the order?

• there was 3 lines, all of them are on this pack

Does the packer show the order line as “Complete”?

• each of them show complete

Is the order line closed? (it should be if the packer did its thing)

• yes all of the order lines are closed, and the order is closed.

Has this customer been successfully invoiced before?

Also - The Help for the Billing Day setting in the customer screen has somethings that sound like they might apply.

Billing Day
Indicates the day of the week or month on which this customer is billed. Select a day from this list if you ship product every day, but only invoice customers on specific day of the week/month. Within AR Invoice Entry, this day is used by the Get > Shipments command; the Billing Day determines which shipments to pull for billing.

Note that the default is All Days. This means that when you run the Get > Shipments command, all of this customer’s packing slips are pulled when you run the Get > Shipments command; it does not filter these shipments by date.

Example: You select Wednesday for the Billing Day on the XYZ Metals, Ltd. customer record. When you run the Get > Shipments command in AR Invoice Entry, only packing slips marked as Ready to Invoice that have a ship date earlier than the most recent Wednesday are invoiced for XYZ Metals. You run the Get Shipments function on Monday the 20th. Shipments dated earlier than Wednesday the 15th are retrieved for this customer. Shipments dated later than the 15th are not retrieved until you run Get Shipments on a date after Wednesday the 22nd.

This would be the first time they have been invoiced from us.

I was looking at this before and our “billing day” only has numbers to pick from… I’m confused why this is shown as “all days” in others systems.

Change the Term Type to Monthly weekly

1 Like

So I see that most of our customers are weekly with all days. That’s probably it. I’ll change it.

I think I may have said monthly before, should be weekly and all days. If a specific day is selected it will only let you bill on that day each month

1 Like

To be clear, it will only create invoices for shipments prior to that day.

Ex: Customer is configured for “Monthly” with 15 as the billing date. Shipment #1 is on the 14th. Shipment #2 happens on the 16th. Invoicing on the 17th would pull Shipment #1 in but not #2.

And if the billing day is on a Saturday, better wait until next month… (so dumb)

I don’t think so. And if you had a Saturday as the billing date, just set the invoice date to Saturday’s date, when you create it on Monday.

We have large jobs, so fewer invoices, so we may not invoice every day, and I am sure we don’t run groups for the days on the weekends, so they wouldn’t get caught. We just have to change the dozen or so customers that are erroneously set up that way.

1 Like

I’m not 100% sure, but the Help description even made it sound like billing with an invoice date of the 17th, would include any shipment prior to the 15th. Shipments made after the 15th, would not be eligible to be billed until on (or after) the next 15th.

I don’t want to even guess what happens if you set the Billing day to “31st”