Outlook Free times for People(s)

Hey!

Are you ever asked (by an external party) what times work for you and other colleagues to meet?

Anyone know if there is some tool to put in date ranges, meeting time span (total length of meeting), and participants and have it spit out a list of dates and times that everyone is free according to their outlook calendar? Of course, whatever this is would have to have access to outlook securely, but just wondering if something like this exists.

Anyone…?

I’m sure power$hell could do something…

1 Like

honestly, I just create a meeting, add the attendees, and go to the Scheduling Assistant tab. Only take a second but does what you want - and since you’ve already started the meeting, once you agree on a date/time, just click save and everyone gets invited.

I also do that, then I gotta scroll through and find that gap in everyone’s schedules at different dates.

Then type that out in an email.

The thing is Mike the external party also has limitations on their schedule and you can’t see that in your scheduling assistant. So what they need is a list of times from you so they can do the same exact thing with their scheduling assistant.

The use case is you have to tell someone all the different free times you and your team have to meet so they can compare that with their organization’s schedules…

I suppose you could send all those as meeting requests and they could just accept the one that works for them, but then if they don’t decline the rest you have a bunch of junk on your calendar.

Utah, like Outlook’s scheduling assistant, but text based instead of visual? You can click on the ‘AutoPick’ icon to get the first time available… For our Epicor team, looks like Monday in 10 days is the next time we’re all free at the same time! :crazy_face:

There are a lot of websites that will do that for you. You can make a meeting put in your free time, as will everyone else, then you can pick a time. Everyone has to actually do it, but it’s out there.

1 Like

THANK YOU!!!

Was hoping to get a list like that for a series of days, but this is a good start!

Good to hear from you Andris. I miss everyone. Can’t wait to meet up again.

1 Like

Was hoping to leverage outlook calendars though and assume that nobody is busy during all the times they don’t have meetings booked lol. And then the tool would spit out all the 1 hour time slots that the group has available over the date range that was chosen.

I use FindTime in Outlook. It will show you the timeslots available to everyone in the meeting based on Free/busy info from Outlook and then you can send a poll to the group to select the best time.

2 Likes

We’re all missing the real problem… too many damn meetings! If there were fewer meetings you could just schedule one with a lower probability of certain members not being able to make it.

But that would make it easier to schedule more meetings …

1 Like

Can you not use the Bookings app under Office365 for this.

2 Likes

I had no idea, let me see!

Very odd banner on the site, but it looks like FindTime is a microsoft product?

Shoulda known about the garage! :rofl:

Glad I wasn’t the first one with this idea.

Yes I never noticed it was part of “The Garage”. Interested to see what happens on the 12th…

1 Like

Love this forum haha. I can’t believe I got an answer to this post.

Anyone now see this on their outlook ribbon?

looks like they officially rolled it out @Norelco2

1 Like

I have it.

1 Like

Yep, looks like a normal deployable add in at this point. It is on the Garage Wall of Fame now :+1:

1 Like

Haha, nice! Glad someone recognized a problem and was able to develop a solution around it!

What if your too busy to take the poll? Can we schedule a meeting to discuss when to take the poll?