Outlook integration

that’s a shame b/c it was SOOOOO much better than InfoWorker. And @Mark_Wonsil is correct, the IW processing only works with a full Outlook client installed, so it doesn’t look like ti has a bright future.

What we need is Epicor to write the REST/API Exchange Connector extension for the Appserver where we can configure Employees or Workforce records to synch with an Exchange Server and selectively move territory-filtered contacts, customers, tasks, appointments, etc. back and forth… My folks would pay BIG money for this as my mobile sales force doesn’t even have Outlook other than on their phone.

I’m tagging @Rich and @Bart_Elia and @josecgomez - to see if anyone wants to take on this challenge :slight_smile: (or to tell me if I’m ‘getting warm’ )

1 Like

Ahem…

Poorly named request but that’s exactly what I’m proposing here. However, I’m not limiting it to email. For a group that works with manufacturing people, we IT people sure like push systems! :rofl:

I’m suggesting more of an Actor Pattern where our customizations/BPMs/Functions just send the information to a queue. The notification system would then do what was needed: email, text, message, fax, Teams/Slack or whatever you dream up. The user would be in charge of how and when they would like to be notified.

The reason I said “outside of Epicor” and by that I mean E10, is then the product would work for Prophet 21, and the other Epicor products fulfilling the “Chicklet” vision we’ve seen at Insights.

2 Likes

Good one - universal is always better!!! Sorry I forgot about that request!

1 Like

As a bonus, you’ll be able to see what items were unsuccessful, how many times something was sent, etc.

They have the new notification engine in +500… (not sure if that will do everything though) but it can do hook type things (CDC)

2 Likes