Packing Slips/Pack Labels

I’m curious what other companies are doing for Packing Slips and Packing Labels. Since they are a single Report Style in Epicor it makes it a pain to generate two different report types (say bartender for the labels and SSRS for the packing slip).

Or is it as simple as having two styles (One packing slip and one pack labels) and having the user select the correct style when printing?

Or have others created a BPM or APM routing that runs and selects the correct style?

I know at one point I saw a post by, I think @Mark_Wonsil and @josecgomez about this, but now that I’m actually looking for it I can’t find it.

What I’m looking to do it essentially have the labels print off a label printer and the packing slip print off a standard laser printer but want to minimize user involvement of having them select the report, style, printer, etc.

We have setup multiple report styles for various customers. We don’t’ have dedicated label/barcode printers, so the end user just has to know to put the label stock in the desktop printer when they want a label, otherwise they just get it on plain paper.

This doesn’t really get to your question about automating it for the end user. Sorry!

Hey Max!

PackSlip is a strange one because you actually pass in two reports on the Style line (note the comma below). The UI also has the option to print one, the other, or both.

However, within APR you have the ability to pick a style based on a condition:

With a lot of conditions, it could get ugly. But if you have a manageable number of selections, it isn’t too bad.

2 Likes

Sorry, I didn’t include this but APR can also choose different printers.

Mark,

Unfortunately I have setup the labels with bartender and I don’t believe APR works with Bartender report styles only SSRS report styles.

The other question I am going to have to do some digging into is if I only include one report in the report style what will happen. If I have a report Style called “Shipping Labels” that only has the shipping labels report will it only print when I select the pack slip (Which I assume… ugh… is the first report) or shipping labels (assumption is the second report). I’ve got some digging to do, and will post an update on here when I’m done in case anyone else is in a similar boat.

Thanks,
Max

We use a Data Directive, Auto Print triggered off the ShipHead.ReadyToInvoice changes from False to True. Then the pack slip prints for the shipper. But we are on 10.2 ver and this doesn’t address your label question.