Part keyword/tags

Hi folks! Happy holidays…

I’m trying to figure out a way to “tag” parts so that users can query the parts database for all parts with a matching tag present.

For example, we have all kinds of various types of “latches”, but the descriptions and industry branding describe them in many different ways (latch, locks, hooks, bolts, etc.) but internally we refer to them as a “latch” … and when our sales people are trying to find what “latch” options are available we’d like them to be able to search by a pre-defined, known internal tag keyword.

So that means ideally, we would want to tag a part with one or more tag keywords in a field – preferably a field that has the pre-defined, known list of possible tag names so as to maintain data entry integrity.

My first thought was that I could use one of the free fields in the Attributes tab and comma delimit the tag keywords and search that field when hunting for keywords matches… but work smarter not harder I say…

… does something like this exist already in Part Maintenance – a feature or field I’m not aware of?

Thanks in advance. :+1:

Search the group for Data Tags. It’s exactly what you’re looking for.

And it works for most “Like” fields, not just parts.

1 Like

@Mark_Wonsil … do you happen to know what REST API endpoint I’d hit to search parts with matching Data Tags? I did a cursory look at endpoints and in the PartSearch but didn’t find anything viable.

I did find the Ice.BO.SysTagSvc/GetList endpoint – I think that’s it. Can someone confirm that’s the best way to go?

I think you’re on the right track. This is what you would trace to confirm:

Or try it ln Swagger…