Part Record Inspection Requirement

You can also set it on the subcontract operation on the job….just so you know…

Manasa

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 2:59 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Part Record Inspection Requirement

This checkbox may have more to do with whether there is an inspection plan assigned than making an inspection required at PO. To my knowledge, you can only set inspection required at Supplier and Part Class, then at PO Entry or receipt, if not set elsewhere.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM API: This communication, including any attachments, contains information that may be confidential or privileged and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM API: This communication, including any attachments, contains information that may be confidential or privileged and is intended solely for the entity or individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender immediately and delete this message. Any unauthorized disclosure, copying or distribution of this message is strictly prohibited.

I am using Epicor 10.0.700.4. I noticed the hidden "Inspection Required" checkbox on the Sites > List sheet within Part Maintenance. I have set this flag and tried using that same part as a line item on a purchase order and didn't get the inspection requirement flag?? Can anybody comment on this??

Thanks

This checkbox may have more to do with whether there is an inspection plan assigned than making an inspection required at PO. To my knowledge, you can only set inspection required at Supplier and Part Class, then at PO Entry or receipt, if not set elsewhere.
If you want to have the part inspected, create a copy of the part class - assign the same GL Control to it and assign the Inspection Required Part Class to the part, bit of a hassel, but accomplishes what you want with no programming.  :)

Bruce Larson

Bruce at LarsonSolutions dot com

We don’t use inspections plans, so I did a data directive to check the box in the PO.

Greg

no conditions

execute ABL

/* Set Rcv Insp Required */

For each ttPODetail fields ( RcvInspectionReq PartNum ) where ttPODetail.RowMod = 'A' or ttPODetail.RowMod = 'U',

each PartPlant fields ( RcvInspectionReq ) where ttPODetail.Company = PartPlant.Company and ttPODetail.PartNum = PartPlant.PartNum and partPlant.Plant = cur-plant.

if PartPlant.RcvInspectionReq = no then next.

Assign ttPODetail.RcvInspectionReq = PartPlant.RcvInspectionReq.

End.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 04, 2015 2:59 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Part Record Inspection Requirement

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

The information contained in this communication, including attachments, is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us at 727-578-6280 and immediately delete the communication.

"This (document/presentation) may contain technical data as defined in the International Traffic In Arms Regulations (ITAR) 22 CFR 120.10. Export of this material is restricted by the Arms Export Control Act (22 U.S.C. 2751 et seq.) and may not be exported to foreign persons without prior approval form the U.S. Department of State."