"Part Search" Window Customization v8.03.403D

Write a shared (& possibly gloabl) BAQ to search for and return just the data (and criteria scope) you desire. Make sure you push all returned data columns to be BAQ search enabled.

In the app(s) you wish to use this for a custom Part search, you should now see your BAQ in the BAQ search tabe of the standard search form.

You can then create a Named search that uses the BAQ search. You can set it to be the default search and (if you want) to autoexecute.

This has to be done under each of the logins of the people you want to force to use this search. I've yet to find a way to get named searches (that are user based) to survive upgrades so be prepared to recreate Named searches after each upgrade for all users that have them.

You can also get fancy and follow a similar procedure to create an advanced search (basically a little dashboard based on the BAQ). These have the extra benefit of enabling the user to do wildcard style searches (part number begins with, contains, etc.,) if you set the dashboard search form up that way.

Rob Brown
vantage803 <bash100@...> wrote:
Does anyone know if it is possible to customize the "Part Search"
Basic Tab search window? If so, can you please explain the procedure
to do so?

I am attempting to hide the "Part Type" field for a select group of
users.

thanks
-Joe

---------------------------------
Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Does anyone know if it is possible to customize the "Part Search"
Basic Tab search window? If so, can you please explain the procedure
to do so?

I am attempting to hide the "Part Type" field for a select group of
users.

thanks
-Joe