Partdtl Table JobSeqNo - Negative

Hi, 10.1.500.8

Trying to run some demand planning reports using the partdtl table. I need to reconcile against the timephase on the basis that po suggestions / mrp will also reconcile back.

But looking at the part dtl table, i am seeing some entries which look strange. For example there is record for a closed job material with a job seq of -9998. But there is also another record for the same job material with what looks like the correct Jobseq number. Just wondering if anybody has come across this. It looks like I need to remove these job materials out of my report because. But in some examples the job has been fullyclosed and material issued so I would expect the partdtl record to be removed.

Thanks for any insight on this.

Regards

Try this:

Hi, Thanks for that reply, have tried all rebuilds but doesn’t make a difference. They are excluded from timephase etc.

It seems odd that this record would exist. If the Job is closed, there should no longer be material demand…
I assume you don’t have any BPMs that write to the table?
You may want to bug Epicor support to see if there is a fix. If not, you may have to exclude it from reporting.

Yep. Been there. Mine was -9995. I put in a ticket and they sent a fix.

Thanks Jason. What would be great if epicor would expose the timephase, based on their logic, for any query.

@epicor , anychance you could confirm the timephase logic. Also, i know it is not possible in our version, but it might in current . But if not , could it be possible to call timephase for multiple parts. This would help in no end of scenarios

1 Like

This is an old topic, but we ran into the same issue. The case was that we were running an operation on a purchased part, which kept creating a demand even if the work order was completed and closed. We did want to record time for the specific part-related operation which was not inspection. Now I know there is a better option, but we deleted the demand link to fix the jobs that created demand, but labor hours and quantity were still saved on the work orders.