Parttran.empid field

Assuming you have the AMM module where you are Issuing and Returning from MES not the application side of Vantage.

We brought this to Epicor 3 years ago...my guess nothing has been done since. In deed...they 'forgot' to add the code that would capture the EmpID when the PartTran is created/updated.

Nevertheles, we did a customization to capture the EmpID and wrote it to a number field in PartTran. Then we changed out their EmpID field with PartTran.Number01 in the Part Tracker, Job Tracker, etc.

Otherwise, you could have each Shop Employee login to the MES workstations with their own UserID's (DCDUserID) from the application. But that option was not viable since we have 15 MES Workstations...12 people per workstation.

Thanks
Patty Buechler

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Tony Hughes <thughes281@...> wrote:
>
>
> Why is parttran.empid always empty?
> It's supposed to record the empid of the shop employee that did the trasnaction, but in my table they are all empty.
> I would like the field to take ID of the logged in shop employee at the MES station.
>
> Thanks.
>
Why is parttran.empid always empty?
It's supposed to record the empid of the shop employee that did the trasnaction, but in my table they are all empty.
I would like the field to take ID of the logged in shop employee at the MES station.

Thanks.
Tony,

Look at PartTran.EntryPerson instead of .EmpID

You should see the data you seek in that field instead of EmpID

Rob

--- On Fri, 3/27/09, Tony Hughes <thughes281@...> wrote:

Subject: [Vantage] Parttran.empid field
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 3:44 PM

Why is parttran.empid always empty?
It's supposed to record the empid of the shop employee that did the trasnaction, but in my table they are all empty.
I would like the field to take ID of the logged in shop employee at the MES station.

Thanks.
Dear Tony:

The developers neglected (forgot?) to populate it.

I discovered it last month when a supervisor requested to see the employees who performed the transactions. I was surprised that we were the first customer to notice. I believe Vantage 8.x has been out for 10 years.

I opened a support call for this on Feb. 13, 2009. I received a response on March 11. Epicor Support opened SCR # 60799 for this issue. They do not have an estimated date or version where this SCR will be applied.

Since we're on 8.03.404 and we are not even completely Live yet with all departments, we probably won't benefit from the SCR.

Perhaps you are on a later version & you'll get lucky at whatever time they complete the SCR.

Lynn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Tony Hughes <thughes281@...> wrote:
>
>
> It's supposed to record the empid of the shop employee that did the trasnaction, but in my table they are all empty.
> I would like the field to take ID of the logged in shop employee at the MES station.
>
> Thanks.
>
Using PartTran.EntryPerson doesn't work for us.

We have many users using MES all day on the same computer to perform transactions.

MES is logged in under a "generic" username. And we leave it running 24 hours a day.

EntryPerson is the username who is logged in to MES. EmpID is the ID of the person who is performing the transaction. In our case, we need to take advantage of that distinction as Epicor intended for it to be.

Because it takes too long to boot up MES and log in under a person's own personal name, it would not be lean for the workers to stand in front of a computer those extra several minutes each time a transaction needed to be entered.

Lynn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@...> wrote:
>
>
> Tony,
>
> Look at PartTran.EntryPerson instead of .EmpID
>
> You should see the data you seek in that field instead of EmpID
>
> Rob
>
> --- On Fri, 3/27/09, Tony Hughes <thughes281@...> wrote:
>
> From: Tony Hughes <thughes281@...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Parttran.empid field
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 3:44 PM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Thanks.
>
Lynn,

We have MES set up for common login as well and then employees are able to clock in without resupplying a user ID and login.

On 405a, this scheme is resulting in unique accurate population of "EntryPerson" in all labor transaction records. It worked just find on 404 (fully live) as well.

I don't remember any more how IT achieved this as we identified the need during piloting (well over a year ago) and there wasn't an immediate resolution. Once a solution was found though, I do recall it wasn't complex - just not immediately obvious.

Rob

--- On Sat, 3/28/09, Lynn <lynn.khalife@...> wrote:
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Parttran.empid field
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 8:49 AM

Using PartTran.EntryPerso n doesn't work for us.

We have many users using MES all day on the same computer to perform transactions.

MES is logged in under a "generic" username. And we leave it running 24 hours a day.

EntryPerson is the username who is logged in to MES. EmpID is the ID of the person who is performing the transaction. In our case, we need to take advantage of that distinction as Epicor intended for it to be.

Because it takes too long to boot up MES and log in under a person's own personal name, it would not be lean for the workers to stand in front of a computer those extra several minutes each time a transaction needed to be entered.

Lynn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@ ...> wrote:

>

>

> Tony,

>

> Look at PartTran.EntryPerso n instead of .EmpID

>

> You should see the data you seek in that field instead of EmpID

>

> Rob

>

> --- On Fri, 3/27/09, Tony Hughes <thughes281@ ...> wrote:

>

> From: Tony Hughes <thughes281@ ...>

> Subject: [Vantage] Parttran.empid field

> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com

> Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 3:44 PM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Thanks.

>
Dear Rob:

I guess I'm not understanding what you are saying.

I am now looking at the last 3 days worth of PartTran records. There are 333 records in my dataset. Because MES has not been logged off all week, every record has the username "Plastics" in the field for EntryPerson. (And as we already established, the EmpID field is empty in every record.) There were about a dozen employees who created these 333 records in the past 3 days. Each of these employees typed their Vantage EmpID into "MES login" prior to performing their transaction.

We do use the Payroll module and these employees do not have a username associated with their EmpID. Our EmpIDs are 3-digit numbers; those 3-digit numbers don't show up anywhere in the PartTran table records.

I don't see any way to get anything other than the username 'Plastics' into the PartTran.EntryPerson field.

I wouldn't even begin to know how to write a customization to capture the EmpID (short of making the user retype it on each screen).

Lynn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@...> wrote:
>
>
> Lynn,
>
> We have MES set up for common login as well and then employees are able to clock in without resupplying a user ID and login.
>
> On 405a, this scheme is resulting in unique accurate population of "EntryPerson" in all labor transaction records. It worked just find on 404 (fully live) as well.
>
> I don't remember any more how IT achieved this as we identified the need during piloting (well over a year ago) and there wasn't an immediate resolution. Once a solution was found though, I do recall it wasn't complex - just not immediately obvious.
>
> Rob
>
> --- On Sat, 3/28/09, Lynn <lynn.khalife@...> wrote:
> From: Lynn <lynn.khalife@...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Parttran.empid field
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 8:49 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Using PartTran.EntryPerso n doesn't work for us.
>
>
>
> We have many users using MES all day on the same computer to perform transactions.
>
>
>
> MES is logged in under a "generic" username. And we leave it running 24 hours a day.
>
>
>
> EntryPerson is the username who is logged in to MES. EmpID is the ID of the person who is performing the transaction. In our case, we need to take advantage of that distinction as Epicor intended for it to be.
>
>
>
> Because it takes too long to boot up MES and log in under a person's own personal name, it would not be lean for the workers to stand in front of a computer those extra several minutes each time a transaction needed to be entered.
>
>
>
> Lynn
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@ ...> wrote:
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Tony,
>
> >
>
> > Look at PartTran.EntryPerso n instead of .EmpID
>
> >
>
> > You should see the data you seek in that field instead of EmpID
>
> >
>
> > Rob
>
> >
>
> > --- On Fri, 3/27/09, Tony Hughes <thughes281@ ...> wrote:
>
> >
>
> > From: Tony Hughes <thughes281@ ...>
>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Parttran.empid field
>
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
>
> > Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 3:44 PM
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Why is parttran.empid always empty?
>
> > It's supposed to record the empid of the shop employee that did the trasnaction, but in my table they are all empty.
>
> > I would like the field to take ID of the logged in shop employee at the MES station.
>
> >
>
> > Thanks.
>
> >
>
Lynn, that explains it then.
We have about 30 MES touch screen, wall-mounted PCs at various points in the plant, the MES stations are logged in under a generic disad-Vantage account.

Robert,
I could do a post-processing on the parttran.update, but I could use a hand with the 4GL syntax. This also assumes that the EmpID is an available variable.

Has anyone ever done this?

I am getting tired of picking black feathers out of my mouth from all the crow I have to eat, day after day, while attending department meetings and having to answer simple questions like "You mean the receipt to inventory doesn't even record who did it???????" All eyes looking at you... or "We need to know who moved this inventory from Bin A over to Bin B... Me: "Um... don't know."

Any using AX in a manufacturing environment?

Sent: Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:44:41 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Parttran.empid field

Dear Rob:

I guess I'm not understanding what you are saying.

I am now looking at the last 3 days worth of PartTran records. There are 333 records in my dataset. Because MES has not been logged off all week, every record has the username "Plastics" in the field for EntryPerson. (And as we already established, the EmpID field is empty in every record.) There were about a dozen employees who created these 333 records in the past 3 days. Each of these employees typed their Vantage EmpID into "MES login" prior to performing their transaction.

We do use the Payroll module and these employees do not have a username associated with their EmpID. Our EmpIDs are 3-digit numbers; those 3-digit numbers don't show up anywhere in the PartTran table records.

I don't see any way to get anything other than the username 'Plastics' into the PartTran.EntryPerso n field.

I wouldn't even begin to know how to write a customization to capture the EmpID (short of making the user retype it on each screen).

Lynn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@ ...> wrote:
>
>
> Lynn,
>
> We have MES set up for common login as well and then employees are able to clock in without resupplying a user ID and login.
>
> On 405a, this scheme is resulting in unique accurate population of "EntryPerson" in all labor transaction records. It worked just find on 404 (fully live) as well.
>
> I don't remember any more how IT achieved this as we identified the need during piloting (well over a year ago) and there wasn't an immediate resolution. Once a solution was found though, I do recall it wasn't complex - just not immediately obvious.
>
> Rob
>
> --- On Sat, 3/28/09, Lynn <lynn.khalife@ ...> wrote:
> From: Lynn <lynn.khalife@ ...>
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Parttran.empid field
> To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
> Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 8:49 AM
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Using PartTran.EntryPerso n doesn't work for us.
>
>
>
> We have many users using MES all day on the same computer to perform transactions.
>
>
>
> MES is logged in under a "generic" username. And we leave it running 24 hours a day.
>
>
>
> EntryPerson is the username who is logged in to MES. EmpID is the ID of the person who is performing the transaction. In our case, we need to take advantage of that distinction as Epicor intended for it to be.
>
>
>
> Because it takes too long to boot up MES and log in under a person's own personal name, it would not be lean for the workers to stand in front of a computer those extra several minutes each time a transaction needed to be entered.
>
>
>
> Lynn
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups .com, Robert Brown <robertb_versa@ ...> wrote:
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Tony,
>
> >
>
> > Look at PartTran.EntryPerso n instead of .EmpID
>
> >
>
> > You should see the data you seek in that field instead of EmpID
>
> >
>
> > Rob
>
> >
>
> > --- On Fri, 3/27/09, Tony Hughes <thughes281@ ...> wrote:
>
> >
>
> > From: Tony Hughes <thughes281@ ...>
>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Parttran.empid field
>
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups .com
>
> > Date: Friday, March 27, 2009, 3:44 PM
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> >
>
> > Why is parttran.empid always empty?
>
> > It's supposed to record the empid of the shop employee that did the trasnaction, but in my table they are all empty.
>
> > I would like the field to take ID of the logged in shop employee at the MES station.
>
> >
>
> > Thanks.
>
> >
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]