Past Insert command for UltraGrid

Dear
I have created one Grid as BAQ result view and I am copying data from there and trying to paste update it to UD07 Table but system not allowing me to do paste insert or past update. After using, paste update or insert, Application gets crashed.

Requirement is , Copying from one Grid and pasting the data to another Grid through Part Insert or paste update options…

I have done the insert data through Tool click , but the requirement is to insert data through paste option

To update records in a UD table, you need a UBAQ. Have your created an updateable BAQ for UD07? If you have that made, you should be able to deploy the BAQ as a dashboard, then do paste/insert, then save from there.

No , I have not created any BAQ for UD table. I simple created UltraGrid and trying to past the copied results in it.

Okay , If I create UBAQ for UD07 then , how can I link to UltraGrid for UD table ?

Please share code if you know , to link it with UD ultraGrid.

What did you crate the ultragrid in? When you use the UBAQ to create a dashboard, the grid for UD07 will already be there as a native grid, so you don’t have to add it.

I have created UltraGrdic2 and through UD Tool click action , I am inserting data into UD table , which is working fine but in this , I need to give UD insert command through Toolbar for every single lines. I want to past multiple lines to the table through Past option.

There are two Grids , Grid 1 , I created normal BAQ and link to UltraGrid 1 and displaying results of BAQ as view only.
In Grid 2 , I am storing the data into UD table through Base Tool command.
New UD option given in New menu , by click new UD , data getting inserted in GRID2 .
Now I want to copy data from Grid 1 and want to Paste to Grid 2.

Here is an example BAQ for UD07 that can update the table. If you deploy this as a dashboard, you should be able to use paste/insert to update the records in the table. You have to use File > Save > Multi-threaded Save after you paste/insert.
UD07BAQ.baq (20.0 KB)

Do I need to write any codes for File > Save ?

No.

I think what you want to do is possible with a customized dashboard. I would say to try to get the updatable dashboard to work by itself, without the extra grid. That will give you a better idea of how to make it work with your other grid.

I added that UBAQ to a dashboard as an example.
UD07Updater.dbd (77.6 KB)

Okay I try this and check

It is a version mismatch error…
I have created updatable BAQ
/*

• Disclaimer!!!
  • This is not a real query being executed, but a simplified version for general vision.
  • Executing it with any other tool may produce a different result.
    */

select
[UD07].[Company] as [UD07_Company],
[UD07].[Key1] as [UD07_Key1],
[UD07].[Key2] as [UD07_Key2],
[UD07].[Key3] as [UD07_Key3],
[UD07].[Key4] as [UD07_Key4],
[UD07].[Key5] as [UD07_Key5],
[UD07].[Character01] as [UD07_Character01]
from Ice.UD07 as UD07

Ahh yeah. I was worried about that. Here are the BAQ setup screens.

From there you deploy it to a dashboard with this setup:

Deploy it as a test, or deploy it to the menu and then you can use paste/insert. No custom code required. :slight_smile:

Thanks @NateS