Patch bugs list

Hey Drew,

>The "fixes" on each patch seem to be readily accessible but I was wondering if we have a list
> anywhere of the Bugs created from a particular patch. If this doesn't exist what does everyone
> think of creating a list of bugs for each patch in which we can append to? This would be helpful
> in giving added visibility to those who are pursuing the installation of that particular patch.

If you know how to update Wikipedia, I use the same software to run EpicWiki. The list of bugs can be updated on the release pages:

http://www.epicwiki.com/wiki/index.php/Releases

Any member of the Yahoo!Group, the Epicor Users Group, or the Vantage Midwest Users Group qualifies to get an account on EpicWiki. This is not an open wiki, you must request a logon and I need to know that you're a member of one of these three groups. Just click on the login link, request an account, confirm your email address, and wait for approval.

So far Troy has put up some release information. It's easy to do. Just click on the Edit tab and add your contribution. There are some links on the main page to help learn "wiki-text", the simple markup language of Wikipedia.

If you're not comfortable with updating the Wiki, just post your bugs on the list (call ID if you have it) and someone else can post it.

Mark W.
The "fixes" on each patch seem to be readily accessible but I was wondering if we have a list anywhere of the Bugs created from a particular patch. If this doesn't exist what does everyone think of creating a list of bugs for each patch in which we can append to? This would be helpful in giving added visibility to those who are pursuing the installation of that particular patch.

Drew
Pete,

Great idea on the bug list.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
I would agree on this especially that it can be update with patch
information and such.

I.e. in patch 409 that was just released the part number was not printing on
packing slip. There was a hot fix released that was supposed to fix this
and Sales Kit information that was showing up when parts not kit parts. Kit
parts info bug is now split off on another.

Steve

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 1:08 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Patch bugs list

The "fixes" on each patch seem to be readily accessible but I was wondering
if we have a list anywhere of the Bugs created from a particular patch. If
this doesn't exist what does everyone think of creating a list of bugs for
each patch in which we can append to? This would be helpful in giving added
visibility to those who are pursuing the installation of that particular
patch.

Drew

Good idea Drew.
An even better idea is for Epicor to publish all reported bugs along with the resolution fix number and release.
Other ERP providers have done it for years as a customer service.
I think that it would be a win/win for Epicor and all customers.

Yeah I like that idea. Granted each patch usually provides a change list of the problems Epicor has addressed with that particular patch, it is often fairly vague. And I'm sure there are reported bugs that don't get addressed or maybe aren't serious enough to address. I wonder who we would need to contact to get something like this in the works?
This has kind of already being done. See Mark's messages concerning EpicWiki. It's not in conjunction with Epicor, but it will be a huge help when looking at patches and deciding if we can go to this version, or if an earlier one would actually be better for us. Epicor has already been approached (several times) concerning this, and has not moved forward with it. I'm looking forward to being able to list strengths of a patch (things fixed) as well as weaknesses. It doesn't have to be bad. This is about information in an organized format, and searchable.
I can't wait.
- leAnn

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "drew.pete" <drew.pete@...> wrote:
>
> Yeah I like that idea. Granted each patch usually provides a change list of the problems Epicor has addressed with that particular patch, it is often fairly vague. And I'm sure there are reported bugs that don't get addressed or maybe aren't serious enough to address. I wonder who we would need to contact to get something like this in the works?
>