Place one menu in multiple section

hi everyone,

I want to place one menu in multiple section.
For example, I want to place the menu A in the Material Management section and at the same time in the Production Mgt Section.
What should I do in Menu Maintenance?

You pretty much have to replicate it all, you can’t just copy and paste. Security may be different as well. I’ve made copies of menu sections before, it’s not difficult to do, it’s just a bit tedious. And no, they will not be synced, making a change to one will need you to go and make the change to the other.

Thanks for the good advice.

I am annoyed by this, too. Might be worth an Epicor Idea suggestion.

FYI, I gave up on the multiple places thing long ago. Instead, I have one big folder at the top (see pic below) with anything I have made. Everyone has access to the folder but items have all sorts of security groups.

Something to consider is that menu FOLDER security is just worthless as far as true security measures go. This is worth a read:

I think adding the menu item security group to the BAQ of the dashboard or report does help lock things down. At least from accessing all BAQs from the Home Screen. But kinda assumes your not reusing the BAQ other dashboard or reports under different security groups. Should we suggest adding the ability to have multiple security groups on a single BAQ?

1 Like

This is where Access Scope can come into play to get finer security control.