Planning

I am curious about the Planning Contract, Planning Workbench, the Production Activity Plan, The Production Planner Workbench, and the processes: Planning Workbench Job Process, and Production Planning Process.

All of these sound really similar. We don’t use them at all, as far as I can tell. What are these various planning forms for? Do you use any of them to good effect? If so, what is most useful?

We do a lot of planning outside epicor, and I am trying to find more ways to bring planning under the Epicor umbrella.
Thanks for your time!
Nate

Planning Workbench is similar to PO Suggestions in a way, but for creating Jobs instead of Purchase Orders. We think of it as ‘Job Suggestions’. It shows a list of demand for Make Direct parts from Sales Order Releases or Job Materials that are marked ‘Make Direct’. It helps to semi-automate the creation of jobs to satisfy those demands.

We don’t use MRP to generate our jobs, so Planning Workbench is a helpful tool for us.

1 Like

Here a post from @josecgomez about planning contracts : Idea: Add more Flexibility to Planning Contracts by tying it to PartBin (like we do with SerialNo / PCID)

1 Like

Production Planning Process is run after MRP completes, and updates the Production Planner Workbench(PPlanHed, PPlanMtl, PPlanQty tables). This workbench is used by the planners to see material availability at the job level among other things.

The Production Planner Workbench is discussed in the Job Management User Guide ( Kinetic 2023) or the Job Management Education Course Guide (Kinetic 2022 and earlier).

1 Like

Over the last 3 years, I have not found the Production Planner workbench to be reliable. No matter how I set the options, it will show shortages when there are not or full availability when there is a shortage.
Just a heads up Nate…

Dean

1 Like