PO Suggestion oddity

PO 55079707 has a locked date and qty based on feedback from the Supplier. I locked the Qty because I kept getting a reduce message (to drive inventory to 75pc when done. This PO will push our inventory to 105pc after arrival

Epicor is suggesting a New PO to cover the demand from the order and restore inventory to 75pc but ignoring the additional 200pc already on order (netting to a planned inventory balance of 275pc).

There is not a need that I understand to cut another PO, but I would like to understand how to be better explain this or set-up the system to do what we would expect (in this case - do nothing more . . . we are good). There are several parts like this because we have several PO releases locked.

Is the locked PO Release being ignored by MRP?

Hi Eric,

I don’t think your locked PO release is being ignored by MRP. I don’t like how this works either, but I think this is the deal: You will not have enough part to satisfy 12/10 job, you cannot move the PO to be received for job because you have it locked, so no expedite suggestions. Therefore system gives you a new PO suggestion because you have a need and you cannot get existing PO there. Since you are using minimum on hand instead of SS on it, I think you are getting the suggestion to come after the Lt of 60 days on the part. I suspect if you had SS of 75, you would get suggestion to have the PO come immediately. You could move your job date to agree with when your PO is coming on 1/4 and then I think you will not get another suggestion.

Nancy

Another thing to check is to see if the PO is cut to be received into the Warehouse that needs it.

Thanks Beth. Yes it is for the correct Site and warehouse.

Thanks Nancy.
We will look at moving that job so that the fixed PO will arrive before it is scheduled to be needed on the job. I will report back those results when we re-run MRP later.

I agree that this could be the issue. I’ve seen this too many times before.

1 Like