PO Suggestions Select All Highlighted .701 Partially Working!

I found out that part of this was actually working!!  I can set the Create RFQ to true on the SugPODtl Table.  So if I reload my suggestions it will show that all parts with a certain part class are checked as true. But it doesn't show on the ttsugpodtl or when I hit refresh.  If anyone has some suggestions on how to make it show on the temp table screen that would be great.  I have tried a ton of variations where I assign the ttsugpodtlcreaterfq box equal to true, but none of them seem to work. 

For Each ttsugpodtl, each sugPOdtl where sugPOdtl.JobNum <> "" and sugpodtl.sugType = 'M' and sugpodtl.JobSeq > 0 and sugpodtl.ClassID = ttCallContextBPMdata.Character01.

assign sugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true.

End. 

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <ralmon@...> wrote:

Here is what I have for the BPM now, still no success:

For each ttCallContextBpmData:

for each ttSugPoDtl, each SugPODtl where ttSugPODtl.JobNUM <> "" and  ttSugPODtl.SugType = 'M' and ttSugPODtl.JobSeq  > 0 and ttSugPoDtl.ClassID = ttCallContextBpmData.Character01.

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = True.

end. 

end. 

I have also tried this with no success: 

For each ttCallContextClient.

FIND ttSugPoDtl no-lock  where  ttSugPoDtl.ClassID = ttCallContextBpmData.Character01 and ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = FALSE.

for each SugPODtl where SugPODtl.Company = ttSugPODtl.Company  and SugPODtl.plant = ttSugPODtl.plant and

SugPOdtl.SugNum = ttSugPOdtl.SugNum:

if available sugpodtl then do:

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = true. 

end. 

end. 

end.

While we are on the topic of BPMs would someone also be able to explain the purpose behind the Record "call" and "Return" options.  What are they for and how would they be used?

Thanks,

Bobby

Does it matter that i am trying to update multiple rows at the same time?  I find when I run a trace that every time you click from one CreateRFQ checkbox to the next, it runs the update method. Do i need to account for this somehow in the BPM.  I know with updateable dashoboards i have to check "allow update of multiple rows."

Also I added the For each ttcallcontextbpmdata: and tried multiple variations of the rest of my code and haven't been able to get this to work. 

-Bobby

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <jose@...> wrote:

Try this,

Do something like this , please note that this is NOT syntactically correct its just a general pseudo code

Call your BPM Form, then

FOR EACH ttCallContextBPMData:

FOR EACH SugPODtl WHERE SugPODtl.ClassID = ttCallContextBPMData.Character01.

Assing SigPODtl.CreateRFQ = True 

END.
END.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

T: 904.469.1524 mobile

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
I am working in the PO Suggestion Entry screen and trying to come up with a BPM or customization that will allow a user to select or set the Create RFQ button to True for all lines that are highlighted.  Anybody know how to do this?  I have played around with the Auto select function but it doesn't quite work the way I need it to.  We always generate RFQs for purchased parts not POs.  Also I frequently want to select more than what Autoselect has picked.

I would want to create a similar feature in RFQ Suggestion area.  Instead of select all I would rather select only the material that I have highlighted. Anyone ever completed a customization like this?  If so would you mind giving me some guidance. 

Anyone have any idea or doing anything like this in PO Suggestion Entry?!?! 

I am working in the PO Suggestion Entry screen and trying to come up with a BPM or customization that will allow a user to select or set the Create RFQ button to True for all lines that are highlighted.  Anybody know how to do this?  I have played around with the Auto select function but it doesn't quite work the way I need it to.  We always generate RFQs for purchased parts not POs.  Also I frequently want to select more than what Autoselect has picked.

I would want to create a similar feature in RFQ Suggestion area.  Instead of select all I would rather select only the material that I have highlighted. Anyone ever completed a customization like this?  If so would you mind giving me some guidance. 

I'm still trying to get this to work with no success. I have created a BPM on Post Update.  It will call a BPM Data form and prompt the user to enter a Class ID. Then i am executing this ABL code. I am trying to select the create RFQ checkbox for every PO suggestion that has the Same class ID that was entered into the data form.  My code validates, but does nothing when i try it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!  - Bobby

FIND ttSugPoDtl no-lock  where  ttSugPoDtl.ClassID MATCHES ttCallContextBpmData.Character01 and ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = FALSE.

for each SugPODtl where SugPODtl.Company = ttSugPODtl.Company  and SugPODtl.plant = ttSugPODtl.plant and

if available ttsugpodtl then do:

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = TRUE. 

end. 

end. 

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

have you gotten inside the ttCallContextRecord already or is this all your code? If so try adding FOR EACH ttCallContext right before your first statement. Since you don't currently have a attcallcontext record,.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <ralmon@...> wrote:

Â
<div>

<p></p><p>I&#39;m still trying to get this to work with no success. I have created a BPM on Post Update. Â It will call a BPM Data form and prompt the user to enter a Class ID. Then i am executing this ABL code. I am trying to select the create RFQ checkbox for every PO suggestion that has the Same class ID that was entered into the data form. Â My code validates, but does nothing when i try it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Â - Bobby</p>

FIND ttSugPoDtl no-lock  where  ttSugPoDtl.ClassID MATCHES ttCallContextBpmData.Character01 and ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = FALSE.

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = TRUE.Â

end.Â

end.Â

— In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Anyone have any idea or doing anything like this in PO Suggestion Entry?!?!Â

I am working in the PO Suggestion Entry screen and trying to come up with a BPM or customization that will allow a user to select or set the Create RFQ button to True for all lines that are highlighted. Â Anybody know how to do this? Â I have played around with the Auto select function but it doesn't quite work the way I need it to. Â We always generate RFQs for purchased parts not POs. Â Also I frequently want to select more than what Autoselect has picked.

I would want to create a similar feature in RFQ Suggestion area. Â Instead of select all I would rather select only the material that I have highlighted. Anyone ever completed a customization like this? Â If so would you mind giving me some guidance.Â

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

That is all the code I have.  I tried adding this code like you suggested at the beginning of the everything: For each ttCallContextClient....and i also tried for each ttCallContextBPMData.  Had no luck with either one of them. It did validate for both. 

And why would i need to be in the CallContext Record, wouldn't i just pull that data like i am doing now. 

Also if you think there is a better way to accomplish what i am trying to do here i would be all ears.  I have been fighting with this for a while now.

Thanks,

Bobyb

have you gotten inside the ttCallContextRecord already or is this all your code? If so try adding FOR EACH ttCallContext right before your first statement. Since you don't currently have a attcallcontext record,.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:13 AM, <ralmon@...> wrote:

<div>

<p>I&#39;m still trying to get this to work with no success. I have created a BPM on Post Update. &nbsp;It will call a BPM Data form and prompt the user to enter a Class ID. Then i am executing this ABL code. I am trying to select the create RFQ checkbox for every PO suggestion that has the Same class ID that was entered into the data form. &nbsp;My code validates, but does nothing when i try it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! &nbsp;- Bobby</p>

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = TRUE. 

end. 

end. 

— In vantage@yahoogroups.com, <vantage@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

</div>

<div style="color:#fff;min-height:0;"></div>

Try this,

Do something like this , please note that this is NOT syntactically correct its just a general pseudo code

Call your BPM Form, then

Assing SigPODtl.CreateRFQ = TrueÂ

END.
END.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

E: jose@...
http://www.josecgomez.com

Â

Does it matter that i am trying to update multiple rows at the same time?  I find when I run a trace that every time you click from one CreateRFQ checkbox to the next, it runs the update method. Do i need to account for this somehow in the BPM.  I know with updateable dashoboards i have to check "allow update of multiple rows."

Also I added the For each ttcallcontextbpmdata: and tried multiple variations of the rest of my code and haven't been able to get this to work. 

-Bobby

Try this,

Call your BPM Form, then

END.
END.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer

Here is what I have for the BPM now, still no success:

For each ttCallContextBpmData:

for each ttSugPoDtl, each SugPODtl where ttSugPODtl.JobNUM <> "" and  ttSugPODtl.SugType = 'M' and ttSugPODtl.JobSeq  > 0 and ttSugPoDtl.ClassID = ttCallContextBpmData.Character01.

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = True.

end. 

end. 

I have also tried this with no success: 

For each ttCallContextClient.

FIND ttSugPoDtl no-lock  where  ttSugPoDtl.ClassID = ttCallContextBpmData.Character01 and ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = FALSE.

if available sugpodtl then do:

assign ttsugpodtl.CreateRFQ = true sugpodtl.createRFQ = true. 

end. 

end. 

end.

While we are on the topic of BPMs would someone also be able to explain the purpose behind the Record "call" and "Return" options.  What are they for and how would they be used?

Thanks,

Bobby

-Bobby

Try this,

Call your BPM Form, then

END.
END.

Jose C Gomez
Software Engineer