PO UD fields that are free?

Does anyone know of any specific UD fields that are already in the PO tables? I am looking to add customization to our PO entry form but I do not necessarily want to update our db with a new UD field. I would rather use one that is already given, but I am not seeing one. This would be a character field. Are they hidden in Data Dictionary Viewer?

Thanks,
Jakob

No, the whole point of the UD Columns is that you create them when you need them. There’s no down side, why do you not want to add your own?

I just wasnt necessarily looking forward to regenerating the data model after creating them. Thanks for your quick response!

1 Like

Jose, is it ok to Regen the data model for our test server during the day? No users are using the test server but users are on the live server. It should not have any effect on users in live, right? Just want to be sure before trying it out.

Generally yes but obviously depends on a billion factors. I’d say handle with care, some older versions of Epicor had issues with that.

FWIW - A couple of the tables do have “User fields” built in.

OrderHed has

• UserChar1 - 4
  • UserDate1 - 3
  • UserDecimal1-2
  • UserInteger1-2

None of the PO tables have the “Usertype” fields.

But as @josecgomez said, you really should use the UD extended fields. Just for the mere fact that the column names will actually mean something.

1 Like