POHeader

Hi,

I created a Post-Processing Method Directive BPM (the BO is PO and the method used is GetByID). The goal of this BPM is to print a comment in the POHeader.CommentText if several conditions are triggered.

The correct sentence does get printed in the Comment Text section of the POHeader tab but when I do a print preview of this PO or when I run a BAQ for this PO then this comment does not show up on either of this.

My Question is what am I missing in my BPM for these comments to actually show up in my BAQs and in my print preview ?

Here is my BPM workflow:

The Comment does print as expected in the POHeader.CommentText

The Comment Text shows up as empty when I run a BAQ on this PO:

post processing is server to client, but without the user making another change and saving that data is not getting saved. You need to be preprocessing or in transaction to save.

What is the user supposed to be doing to get this comment to appear?

would it be better handled in an updateable baq? Maybe even advanced so you could change the comment without unapproving and reapproving the PO.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your answer.

I went the post processing route for two reasons:

1. I cannot get this BPM to trigger when going the preprocessing route. Maybe you have pointers on how I could achieve this ?
  2. The final user has to manually add comments of her own to these comments and then save everything

Regarding UBAQ, I am very green to this and only did one in the past but I am definitely open to trying this option. I just don’t know where to start with it.

So the user has to add their own comments, that means the user is unapproving the PO to do that?

At that point do you know the drop ship comment needs to be added or do you know before and can catch any update to the PO to add these comments before the other comments need to be added.

I would look at adding pre processing to PO.Update. You just have to find the right conditions for the bpm to trigger.

Yes, the user has to unapprove the PO , enter her comments and reapprove it.

The dropShip comments need to show up in the POHeader Comment section before she adds hers. So yes, I need to catch any update to the PO to add these comments.

I believe you have have to use Post on the Get methods - anything changed in Pre gets overwritten by whatever is in the DB when the GetByID is executed, unless you make sure your changes are written to the DB.

In your Post BPM, you could make your change, call Update, then Get again - but you have to make sure your conditions are good so that it doesn’t get you into an infinite loop - and so that it doesn’t do the Update/Get when you don’t need it to.

Probably better to have this updated when the condition you’re looking for happens: Update your POHeader as soon as you know you need it (on Update, check for those conditions, for example)