Pop-Up Messages in ECM?

I apologize if this has been brought up before, but I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to display pop-up messages or something else of the sort in ECM? IN AP Invoice Entry, we have a few info messages that will appear (if conditions are met) and let our Accountant know of some more information that will dictate how an invoice will get processed.

For example, if the project that the PO is tied to is marked as Tax Exempt, then a message will appear when the Accountant enters the Ref PO to let them know they can mark the invoice as tax exempt. To tackle this in ECM, I created a BPM that would check a UD Checkbox tied to APInvHed and in the Pre-Create Datalink, it will check that box’s status and reflect that in a box I created in ECM. I have that box fairly high up in the Content Fields section and have trained the Accountants to check it with each invoice, but I feel like its visibility is still pretty low.

It’s looking like I’ll need to do something like that for a different condition and I can definitely do so, but wanted to see if anyone was using a different/better process to relay information from Epicor into ECM?

1 Like

Following because I would like the same thing. I’m sure there is an action for it (they do it) but I haven’t found it yet.

1 Like

I can’t think of anything that is a pop-up box, but there is of course the 'User Prompt" task in the workflow (basically will force some level of interaction before proceeding) and the $DocumentStatus field that will appear above the image preview (but it’s easily overlooked).

I use the Display Message Task.

1 Like

Sorry to bring this up again, but do you know if there is a way to create a new line in this Display? Our accountants are supposed to check the Remit To address on the invoice with what we have under Supplier so I was hoping to provide this information in an easy to read format. I have fields that I’m using to capture and bring over that information from Epicor and was planning on just putting in the same Display Message task with something like “\n” to format it correctly.

Found an example of this sort of thing here:

That message seems to work as intended when I go to an invoice at that step in the workflow (Select Receipts). However, every time I try and recreate this in the Display Message task, it displays “<br />” as text and keeps everything on the same line. (Even here, it starts a new line if I leave it as text haha)

Is this something that’s possible with that Task? Maybe I’m using the wrong syntax? I guess this isn’t the end of the world, I could always separate with a “|”, but just figured I would try and make it as convenient as possible.

I have attempted this a few times and could also never quite determine the syntax required. As a workaround, you can use the Advanced Format task to create an HTML formatted string of text and populate the $Document Status field with that output. Your display message can then tell the user to refer to the $Document Status for more details. The Display Message task would ideally allow for this same HTML formatting, but at this time I don’t think it works that way.

The Display Message task would ideally allow for this same HTML formatting, but at this time I don’t think it works that way.

Ok, I was afraid this may be the case. I was hoping to stay away from using the $Document Status field in case there were errors, but I think if I edit it late enough in the process, it should only affect invoices that are good to go.

I was not able to populate $Document Status using Advanced Format at our last user prompt step of the Workflow. Instead, I had to use Advanced Math and use it in the Pre-Create and Validate Invoice step. Took a while to figure this one out, but I think this should work for us! Thank you for the suggestion!

1 Like

No problem! I’ve also used the Advanced MAth task to populate the $Document Status field with a different message based on what it calculates so that is definitely a smart approach.

FYI: You can populate the $Document Status field to show the information you need at the Display Task prompt and then clear the $Document Status field right after that Display Message task.