Possible to set a time trigger for an event?

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the suggestions - good food for thought as far as philosophical approach and design....

We'll see how the low-tech printing solution works for now, and look at more sophisticated options if that doesn't work.

Thanks again!
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Kevin Simon" <simstrak@...> wrote:
>
> Laraine,
>
>
>
> Another option you may have that is completely in another direction: write
> some VB code in your customization of the MES menu. If someone tries to
> close the form, capture that event and see if they're logged out. If
> they're not, give them a warning and prevent them from closing the form.
>
>
> This wouldn't capture 100% of your issues, someone could use task manager
> for example to kill off the form. However, I implemented this change with a
> client and it greatly reduced the number of times people left themselves
> logged in, where it's barely an issue now.
>
>
>
> Kevin Simon
>
> SimsTrak Consulting
>
>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
> laraines422
> Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 11:40 AM
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
>
>
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have
> a solution.
>
> We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from
> 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to
> clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
>
> Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so
> I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any
> MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
>
> But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that
> would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES
> transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
>
> Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which
> could then activate a BPM?
>
> Thanks in advance -
> Laraine
>
>
>
>
>
> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
>
Hi All,

I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.

We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.

Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.

But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.

Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?

Thanks in advance -
Laraine
I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do exactly what youre looking to do.

Rob Bucek
Production Control Manager
PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
Mobile: (715)896-0590
FAX: (715)284-4084
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
(Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of laraines422
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?

Hi All,

I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.

We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.

Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.

But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.

Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?

Thanks in advance -
Laraine

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Hi Rob,

Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service Connect (using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is around $20K, right???

It might be cheaper to buy something like APM - or not. :-(

Anyway - thanks for the suggestion...
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do exactly what youre looking to do.
>
> Rob Bucek
> Production Control Manager
> PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> Mobile: (715)896-0590
> FAX: (715)284-4084
> [Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of laraines422
> Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.
>
> We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
>
> Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
>
> But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
>
> Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?
>
> Thanks in advance -
> Laraine
>
>
>
>
As soon as I fired it off I thought ' I hope she has SC...' If what you're thinking is simply clocking out everyone who is logged in (assuming logging out of jobs or indirect activities they left open), that work flow could be built in less than a day. Maybe you could have it sub'd out..

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of laraines422
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Possible to set a time trigger for an event?

Hi Rob,

Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service Connect (using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is around $20K, right???

Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do exactly what youre looking to do.
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of laraines422
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.
>
> We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
>
> Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
>
> But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
>
> Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?
>
> Thanks in advance -
> Laraine
>
>
>
>

So, Rob - are you interested in doing some contract work? :-)

Or maybe I should ask Epicor for a quote? Their quote would probably come in for the same price as SC Developer - it'd certainly be leverage to get it paid for! hahaha

We'll see how it goes with the scheduled printed report - if the MES Supervisors get fed up with having to clock out the users AND fix their labor entry to jobs, we may have to look at a more elegant solution.

All this effort because some people just can't clock out...geesh!

Thanks again for your input -
L.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> As soon as I fired it off I thought ' I hope she has SC...' If what you're thinking is simply clocking out everyone who is logged in (assuming logging out of jobs or indirect activities they left open), that work flow could be built in less than a day. Maybe you could have it sub'd out..
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of laraines422
> Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM
> Subject: [Vantage] Re: Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
>
>
>
> Hi Rob,
>
> Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service Connect (using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is around $20K, right???
>
> It might be cheaper to buy something like APM - or not. :-(
>
> Anyway - thanks for the suggestion...
> Laraine
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> >
> > I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do exactly what youre looking to do.
> >
> > Rob Bucek
> > Production Control Manager
> > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > Mobile: (715)896-0590
> > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > [Description: cid:1.234354861@]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of laraines422
> > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.
> >
> > We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
> >
> > Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
> >
> > But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
> >
> > Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?
> >
> > Thanks in advance -
> > Laraine
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
>
>
>
A shot in the dark but a BAM on a field that is updated by an ODBC transaction that is run via a script via Windows Scheduler???? No idea if the ODBC transaction would actually be trapped by the BAM.

Service Connect would be the more elegant but this might be cheaper.

Jim Kinneman

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "laraines422" <laraines422@...> wrote:
>
> So, Rob - are you interested in doing some contract work? :-)
>
> Or maybe I should ask Epicor for a quote? Their quote would probably come in for the same price as SC Developer - it'd certainly be leverage to get it paid for! hahaha
>
> We'll see how it goes with the scheduled printed report - if the MES Supervisors get fed up with having to clock out the users AND fix their labor entry to jobs, we may have to look at a more elegant solution.
>
> All this effort because some people just can't clock out...geesh!
>
> Thanks again for your input -
> L.
>
>
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> >
> > As soon as I fired it off I thought ' I hope she has SC...' If what you're thinking is simply clocking out everyone who is logged in (assuming logging out of jobs or indirect activities they left open), that work flow could be built in less than a day. Maybe you could have it sub'd out..
> >
> > Rob Bucek
> > Production Control Manager
> > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > Mobile: (715)896-0590
> > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > [Description: cid:1.234354861@]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> >
> > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of laraines422
> > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM
> > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> >
> >
> >
> > Hi Rob,
> >
> > Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service Connect (using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is around $20K, right???
> >
> > It might be cheaper to buy something like APM - or not. :-(
> >
> > Anyway - thanks for the suggestion...
> > Laraine
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> > >
> > > I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do exactly what youre looking to do.
> > >
> > > Rob Bucek
> > > Production Control Manager
> > > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > > Mobile: (715)896-0590
> > > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > > [Description: cid:1.234354861@]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > > (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of laraines422
> > > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.
> > >
> > > We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
> > >
> > > Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
> > >
> > > But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
> > >
> > > Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance -
> > > Laraine
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > >
> >
> >
> >
> > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> >
>
Hi Jim,

Thanks on this! Another user on the EUG site suggested something similar - writing a .net application that runs on the Vantage server, that seeks out the relevant records.

I hadn't thought of the "server application/script" option - I've been kind of locked in to a Vantage-resident solution, which is really my preferred option.

It's definitely worthy of consideration, though. We'll see how the hardcopy-print solution works and go from there...

Thanks again!
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> A shot in the dark but a BAM on a field that is updated by an ODBC transaction that is run via a script via Windows Scheduler???? No idea if the ODBC transaction would actually be trapped by the BAM.
>
> Service Connect would be the more elegant but this might be cheaper.
>
> Jim Kinneman
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "laraines422" <laraines422@> wrote:
> >
> > So, Rob - are you interested in doing some contract work? :-)
> >
> > Or maybe I should ask Epicor for a quote? Their quote would probably come in for the same price as SC Developer - it'd certainly be leverage to get it paid for! hahaha
> >
> > We'll see how it goes with the scheduled printed report - if the MES Supervisors get fed up with having to clock out the users AND fix their labor entry to jobs, we may have to look at a more elegant solution.
> >
> > All this effort because some people just can't clock out...geesh!
> >
> > Thanks again for your input -
> > L.
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, Rob Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> > >
> > > As soon as I fired it off I thought ' I hope she has SC...' If what you're thinking is simply clocking out everyone who is logged in (assuming logging out of jobs or indirect activities they left open), that work flow could be built in less than a day. Maybe you could have it sub'd out..
> > >
> > > Rob Bucek
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of laraines422
> > > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi Rob,
> > >
> > > Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service Connect (using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is around $20K, right???
> > >
> > > It might be cheaper to buy something like APM - or not. :-(
> > >
> > > Anyway - thanks for the suggestion...
> > > Laraine
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do exactly what youre looking to do.
> > > >
> > > > Rob Bucek
> > > > Production Control Manager
> > > > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > > > Mobile: (715)896-0590
> > > > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > > > [Description: cid:1.234354861@]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > > > (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of laraines422
> > > > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hi All,
> > > >
> > > > I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have a solution.
> > > >
> > > > We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
> > > >
> > > > Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
> > > >
> > > > But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
> > > >
> > > > Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which could then activate a BPM?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks in advance -
> > > > Laraine
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>
Here's another option for you. I've thought about trying this out, but have
never had a chance to test it.

If you've ever done a trace, you'll notice a bunch of "ReportMonitor"
methods being called. This runs periodically (I can't remember if it's
every minute, or every 5 minutes). My thought was having a BPM trigger
against the ReportMonitor method.

As an example, if you wanted something to run once per day right after
midnight, your ABL code could read a table where you are storing the last
date it was run (a UD table perhaps, or a Company.DateNN field). If the
date on the record is different than the current date, then run whatever
code you need to run, and then save the new date into the field.

If this method works, you could probably even get fancy in the ABL code and
have it run at times other than first thing after midnight, or at multiple
intervals per day.

I think the only catch here would be you'd need to leave a user logged into
the system, and trigger the BPM based on it being that user.

Kevin Simon

SimsTrak Consulting

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
laraines422
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 7:30 PM

Hi Jim,

Thanks on this! Another user on the EUG site suggested something similar -
writing a .net application that runs on the Vantage server, that seeks out
the relevant records.

I hadn't thought of the "server application/script" option - I've been kind
of locked in to a Vantage-resident solution, which is really my preferred
option.

It's definitely worthy of consideration, though. We'll see how the
hardcopy-print solution works and go from there...

Thanks again!
Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"jckinneman" <jckinneman@...> wrote:
>
> A shot in the dark but a BAM on a field that is updated by an ODBC
transaction that is run via a script via Windows Scheduler???? No idea if
the ODBC transaction would actually be trapped by the BAM.
>
> Service Connect would be the more elegant but this might be cheaper.
>
> Jim Kinneman
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ,
"laraines422" <laraines422@> wrote:
> >
> > So, Rob - are you interested in doing some contract work? :-)
> >
> > Or maybe I should ask Epicor for a quote? Their quote would probably
come in for the same price as SC Developer - it'd certainly be leverage to
get it paid for! hahaha
> >
> > We'll see how it goes with the scheduled printed report - if the MES
Supervisors get fed up with having to clock out the users AND fix their
labor entry to jobs, we may have to look at a more elegant solution.
> >
> > All this effort because some people just can't clock out...geesh!
> >
> > Thanks again for your input -
> > L.
> >
> >
> >
> > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> , Rob
Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> > >
> > > As soon as I fired it off I thought ' I hope she has SC...' If what
you're thinking is simply clocking out everyone who is logged in (assuming
logging out of jobs or indirect activities they left open), that work flow
could be built in less than a day. Maybe you could have it sub'd out..
> > >
> > > Rob Bucek
> > >
> > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
Behalf Of laraines422
> > > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM
> > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > Subject: [Vantage] Re: Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Hi Rob,
> > >
> > > Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service
Connect (using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is
around $20K, right???
> > >
> > > It might be cheaper to buy something like APM - or not. :-(
> > >
> > > Anyway - thanks for the suggestion...
> > > Laraine
> > >
> > > --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek <rbucek@> wrote:
> > > >
> > > > I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe
its possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation
was a scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could
do exactly what youre looking to do.
> > > >
> > > > Rob Bucek
> > > > Production Control Manager
> > > > PH: (715) 284-5376 ext 311
> > > > Mobile: (715)896-0590
> > > > FAX: (715)284-4084
> > > > [Description: cid:1.234354861@]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > > > (Click the logo to view our site)<http://www.dsmfg.com/>
> > > >
> > > > From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On
Behalf Of laraines422
> > > > Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 10:40 AM
> > > > To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
> > > > Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hi All,
> > > >
> > > > I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this
will have a solution.
> > > >
> > > > We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop,
basically from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff
that fail to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the
fact.
> > > >
> > > > Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM
- so I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate
any MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we
need.
> > > >
> > > > But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM
that would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES
transactions and fire off an email alert to the MES Supervisors.
> > > >
> > > > Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time
setting, which could then activate a BPM?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks in advance -
> > > > Laraine
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
> > > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Rob,

I did a similar thing like this in the past using Service Connect. I wanted
to run through a process of closing off open jobs that met certain criteria,
and so I developed a workflow that used a file as input to start the
process, and that file contained the parameters I used to determine eligible
jobs to close. Then, I had a windows task that was scheduled that wrote
that file out on a scheduled basis. Worked like a charm!

Kevin Simon

SimsTrak Consulting

Rob Bucek
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 3:02 PM
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Re: Possible to set a time trigger for an event?

As soon as I fired it off I thought ' I hope she has SC...' If what you're
thinking is simply clocking out everyone who is logged in (assuming logging
out of jobs or indirect activities they left open), that work flow could be
built in less than a day. Maybe you could have it sub'd out..

Rob Bucek
[Description: cid:1.234354861@...
<mailto:1.234354861%40web65412.mail.ac4.yahoo.com> ]<http://www.dsmfg.com/>

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
[mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> ] On
Behalf Of laraines422
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 1:26 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Hi Rob,

Nice solution! The only problem is - we only have runtime Service Connect
(using for IQS integration) - I think the full development SC is around
$20K, right???

Laraine

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>, Rob Bucek <rbucek@...> wrote:
>
> I haven't had any luck with time delayed firing of bo/methods, maybe its
possible, but I haven't found a way. My work around for that situation was a
scheduled baq dump as a csv to a service connect work flow which could do
exactly what youre looking to do.
>
> Rob Bucek
>
> From: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On
Behalf Of laraines422
> To: vantage@yahoogroups.com <mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>
>
>
>
> Hi All,
>
> I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will
have a solution.
>
> We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically
from 6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail
to clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.
>
> Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so
I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any
MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.
>
> But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that
would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES
>
> Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting,
which could then activate a BPM?
>
> Thanks in advance -
> Laraine
>
>
>
>

Laraine,

Another option you may have that is completely in another direction: write
some VB code in your customization of the MES menu. If someone tries to
close the form, capture that event and see if they're logged out. If
they're not, give them a warning and prevent them from closing the form.

This wouldn't capture 100% of your issues, someone could use task manager
for example to kill off the form. However, I implemented this change with a
client and it greatly reduced the number of times people left themselves
logged in, where it's barely an issue now.

Kevin Simon

SimsTrak Consulting

laraines422
Sent: Friday, November 04, 2011 11:40 AM
Subject: [Vantage] Possible to set a time trigger for an event?

Hi All,

I'm stumped on this one, but I'm hoping that someone reading this will have
a solution.

We're on Vantage 407c. We run two shifts in our Machine Shop, basically from
6 AM to 12:30 AM the next day. We occasionally (!) have staff that fail to
clock out of MES, but we won't know that until well after the fact.

Hypothetically, no one should be clocked in between 12:30 AM to 6 AM - so
I've written a BAQ report that runs at 3 AM every morning, to indicate any
MES user still clocked in. This report works fine and provides what we need.

But rather than printing this report, what I would prefer is a BPM that
would fire off at 3 AM, look to see if there were any active MES

Is it possible to trigger a Business Object (BO) using a time setting, which
could then activate a BPM?

Thanks in advance -
Laraine