Posting error (STK-CUS)

Hello all,

I have a STK-CUS transaction that is currently in error and am unsure how to resolve. The problem also has went through to the invoice and I am unable to post that as well.

The STK-CUS transaction is only pulling in the credits to inventory and is missing the COS transactions. The AR invoice is only pulling in the AR side of the transaction.

GL control set up is all fine and when I attempted to replicate the transactions they went through fine. The problem is that the wip capture is erroring out due to the one sided transaction and I am unable to post the invoice.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Check the TranGLC table. I believe that it is populated at the time of the transaction. Basically queing up what is supposed to happen when the transaction gets posted.

For example, when a PO Receipt is processed, the TranGLC table has the GL accounts set based on the GL rules and Controls that are in place at the time of receipt. If the GL Controls after the receipt, that wouldn’t change what is already in the TranGLC table. So fixing a bad GL Control would only fix future transactions, not the post of the already errant ones that exist.

I’m confused, so what has and has not been posted?

Most mortals can’t force a one-sided transaction on through, right?

• The STK-CUS tran should have errored into the review journal
  • The invoice also should have errored into the review journal

From there, yes, you can force the one-sided tran to go through (NOOOOOOOOO!), but I really hope (a) that did not happen and (b) very few users have access to the review journal.

So, kick it back from the review journal(s) and try again.

Also, PE Log Viewer will tell you the exact problem, though it is a bear to read.

Oh, you are familiar with the Inventory Transaction Hierarchy tech ref guide, right?

1 Like

STK-CUS happens in the capture process, but you can see the issue in the wip recon program. in review journal look at the transaction and get the details of any errors.

The action from here depends on the transaction. If it a weird one off sale then you can just fix the account, save, revalidate the journal and resubmit it.

OR you can cancel it fix the issue and rerun the capture. Below is from the transaction hierarchy which we all should have downloaded for reference.

Cancel the posting or capture. You may need to do it as a task if it a large number of transactions. Print the wip recon report for unposted transactions and the blank or malformed account will be at the top. Figure out which COS setting element is missing for this sale and fix the GL control. Then rerun the wip recon report to see the account is fixed and the rerun the capture

1 Like

And the WIP Recon report can be filtered by transaction type. That might help ID the offending STK-CUS transaction.

1 Like

Hi Jason, nothing has been posted. I currently have the STK-CUS in review and have sent the invoice back hoping that I could use the ‘Get default’ function to populate the GL account on the line but it did not work.

Yes, I am familiar with the hierarchy tech ref guide and am certain that all of the GL controls are set up correctly. The same exact transactions posted when I duplicated it to get the invoice out and there were no errors. I tried to kick this out and reran with the same problem. I seem to be stuck in a but of a loop.

Hi Calvin,

Thank you for your input! I was able to find what transaction it was but can’t seem to find a way to resolve it.

Also, thank you for your input!

This is the odd thing. The GL control set up is correct and when we processed the same transaction again there was no error. Weird.

Can you undo the original transaction (“un-ship” the packer), then re-ship it?

When you run the WIP Recon report does the summary table shown at the end balance? Limit it to just the date and trantype of the offending transaction.

edit

You are deleting the Journal Review entries?

Hi Greg,

My GL control on the product group is fine. This is one of or most popular product groups and no other transactions are trying to post one sided. Due to the onesided transactions, I am not aware of a way I can fix the account to revalidate.

I attempted canceling and rerunning the capture but there wasn’t anything to fix and it of course is still out of balance. I thought of unpacking and repacking the pack slip but do to the use of master packs I do not believe this is possible.

Is the WIP recon summary one sided or just have an account that is blank?

You can set the PE Log viewer for COSAndWIP in Logging mode and it will give you details of what control and rule the system is using if you run the wip recon for unposted Sometimes it is not what you expect. If you have isolated the transaction then filter wip recon to as little data as possible to check in the pe viewer.

1 Like

The WIP summary is one sided.

I would still open it in the PE Log Viewer to see if there was the transaction identified and hopefully support can get you a fix for the issue.

1 Like