Print Preview doesn't work with certains SOs

elvia, did you look at @SteveFossey 's question?

The SO is closed and you’re right: the SO Void checkbox is check

There is no error. It simply looks like doesn’t work. I click in Print Sales Order Ack and happens nothing. It appears in the Notifications bell and nothing happens when I click there too.

Eliva, open the system monitor in your sys task tray:

Ah, you are in kinetic? “Notifications Bell”

There is still a system monitor there and you should see a column in the history tasks that says status and it should say ERROR in your case, but if it says COMPLETE then I am not sure.

So… the ORDER shows as void… but that’s not what’s preventing the printing.

Its because the LINES are void.

I just “fixed” this in my system using a BPM (as suggested here by @DaveOlender)

1 Like

1 Like

Even if I can print other SOs?. Because the problem are only with certain old Sales Orders

Here’s the BPM details:

This just forces the VoidLine checkbox to always be false.

With that BPM in place… test it out:

• Open a Void Order
  • Overflow menu > Reopen Order (this will un-void the order)
  • Go to the Line Details > Overflow Menu > Reopen Line (this will un-void the line)
  • Overflow Menu > Close Line (this typically would VOID the line… but the BPM will now allow the line to close, but will keep the VoidLine checkbox unchecked).

This Sales Order should now print.

1 Like

@dcamlin is stating that voided lines can be a problem. you need to use the system monitor to tell you what the problem is, have you opened the system monitor to look at the task?

Oh, yes! I hadn´t seen this before. And there is an ERROR : "No Order Details record found for Order = 2 "

1 Like

Great!

This is where my expertise ends on this Elvia.

But at least you now know how to look into errors using the system monitor. So now you can open an Epicor case or post that on here and get help from great minds like @dcamlin

If that works… and you have a lot of orders to “fix”… you can use DMT.

DMT template for OrderDtl with columns:

• Company
  • OrderNum
  • LineNum
  • VoidLine = False
  • OpenLine = False
  • PartNum (required by DMT)

Just create a BAQ against OrderDtl and gather those columns (where VoidLine = true)… export results to excel… make sure your headings are correct. Then run the DMT.

I first though I’d have to run multiple DMTs… re-open the orders, re-open the lines, re-close the lines… but tested it and was able to do it all in one shot.

When I have run into this I had to reopen the order and maybe the lines too… :thinking:

I can’t remember. But I’m not saying that is what you should do… I don’t know the business logic around this and I’d log a support case with Epicor to give you more info around the error you are getting.

Can I do that even if it is already invoiced (forgot to say this sorry)

Thank you so much for your help

Well I think, with your information I can now work with my Epicor on this (and it will seem I was realy trying before asking) , because I think I will need some permits to do this.

I would ASSUME you can… it shouldn’t break any of those links to invoices… but, I can’t give you a guarantee on that one.

I did this after importing old legacy Sales Orders into the system which weren’t shipped/invoiced from within Epicor.

When in doubt, test it in your test/pilot environment first.

1 Like