Printing a Serialized Label

We are currently trying to print a generated serial number from an end labor activity window. Does anyone have guidance or has done something similar. We hope to integrate it with BarTender as well. Thanks.

Hi,

I have done a similar thing in the pas where the serialized labels were already written in the native printer language of the label printers (Honeywell M Class Mark 2).

In this case I didn’t need to use bartender, I simply created the file using the FileStream class from System.IO.

Once the file had been created I copied the file to the printer using the following command ‘System.IO.File.Copy(sourcefile, destfile, true);’ command, where the source file was the file containing the printer language and destfile is the same file copied to the label printer, which is set up as network printer.

If you want to use bartender and submit the command via the task agent, then the following post may help

Personally, I prefer the printer language method as I find it is much quicker when you are printing out 2000 labels for a job.

Cheers,

Andrew.