Printing labels just like we print reports

Hello,
I would like to see Epicor rethink the Batender integration. It would be nice if printing a label with Bartender was as easy as printing with SSRS. It`s really weird that Epicor can create a XML for Crystal Report or print labels from SSRS without needing AutoPrint but, somehow Bartender printing is so limited and has all these conditions around it.

When a report style is defined as Bartender the Epicor should simply dump a text file in a folder where bartender or any other software for that matter can just pick the data file and handle the printing.

Designing labels in Bartender is more efficient. Also, handling labels inside a label printing software would make a lot more since. Especially considering scripting can be done in Bartender.

Thank you,

Sebastien.-

I have approached this 2 ways,

1: preview as a CSV and program a personal macro in excel that dumps the CSV into the appropriate folder.
2: code the creation of the CSV in a customization and use a custom button.

But I agree, a report style that you can define where the drop happens would be very welcomed.

So we just moved to E10.2.300 and to my surprise…
Epicor now puts the data in a *.bt file, essentially a text script file, which can be read by Bartender.
Meaning labels can be designed in Bartender using that text file as the data source.

I am so happy this is finally here. Because that whole creating labels using SSRS is such a nightmare.

I highly recommend people transfer to that method in the long run. It`s cool to notice that since we are dealing with a text file there are other label printing software out there that van be taught to read the Epicor output and work just as well.

Can you define where it goes?

It’s defined in the report style when you select the Bartender type.