Production Planner Workbench Issue

We are having a Production Planner Workbench issue and have talked to two folks at Epicor with no luck. We have the following issue:

-Part has an MRP job showing in time phase for 5 pieces due on 9/9/2020
-When going into Production Planner Workbench->Jobs->All Jobs the MRP job does not show up.
-When I open the job tracker for this job, it is showing all materials available so this job should show up in the workbench under Jobs with Full Availability and it does not

This is not the only part that we are having issues with. Has anyone experienced this or know of a way to troubleshoot this issue?

Production Planner works off the Start Date of the Job, not the due date. It could be that your Production Planner Process Cutoff Date is not far enough out.
A screenshot of a Job that is not showing up may help.

We are looking at this tool in detail now. Wondering why the job start date is being used to determine the shortage, rather than the date the item is required for the job (we call out our materials at the operation that they are consumed at).

I see how this works, but with lengthy lead time products, it reports shortages that are definitely going to arrive prior to their needed date.

But, it is a good tool to check for items that may need expediting. At the very least, it points you in the right direction.

Any hints on setting up the preceding process to make the data more meaningful? Help is “not helpful”.

I’ve had a ticket open with Epicare for 3 months now.

“try this, try that”.

I’m pretty sure they don’t know how it works. I think they are just guessing.

I think there is a serious bug in it. I find that it throws false negatives and false positives, but I’d say 75% of the time, there is a problem with a part that needs to be addressed. But even when it’s “right”, it might not give the correct shortage date or shortage qty.