Production Standard Updatable Dashboard

Good Afternoon,

Can anyone confirm whether or not it is possible to update the MOM using an updateable dashboard? Specifically the ProdStandard field? I’ve created the BAQ and “Syntax is OK,” along with “Updatable query action fulfilled and reported no error” when actually updating, but it is not changing the data in the system. I am assuming that it is having difficulty with the part not being checked out. I am aware that this can be done using DMT, but I am looking for a quick way for our engineers to go in and update multiple records whenever they have the time to. Thanks in advance…

Eric P.
Jade Precision Medical Components

Use the ecoopr table as the updateable table. You will need ECORev and ECOGroup tables as well in your BAQ

You can do it. You may in fact be having an issue with the part not being checked out (which you can manipulate in code, not trivial) however I would expect that if it could not update due to that, it would throw an exception. After you update a value then click the UPDATE button on the Query Designer, what does it say in the status?

Thanks Chris. Yes, I do not get any exceptions, just that message that your arrow is pointing at as if it completed, but upon refresh, it goes back to the original value.

Eric

Mark,
I am using the PartOpr, but will try the EcoOpr.

Thanks,
Eric

I get an exception trying to update the Eco tables. Can this only be done with revs that are not approved?

If you want to jam the standards in you’ll need to update the part tables. Eco only holds the checked out parts until they are committed then the changes are moved to the part tables. If you want to do it the right way write custom BPMs on the UBAQ that actually check the part out make the change update the Eco properly and check the part back in. It would be fairly involved but if you step through it piece by piece it shouldn’t be bad. Will take a while to process each change though.

ECO group works fine as another option and is also the right way but it does assume these parts have been created through an ECO Group at some time then checked back in.