Promoting Dashboard - Max screen size

When I promote a dashboard from our Dev to our Test environment, what determines a dashboard’s screen size so that it auto opens in maximized screen size? When it was saved in Dev, the screen was in max but when promoted to Test, it doesn’t open in max screen size. Does it need to be originally saved in max size or when promoted, it needs to be re-sized to max and then saved?

That is usually driven by personalization’s which won’t move with the screen from one environment to the next. On load in the code set it to maximize and that will provide a more predictable result.

This is done through standard dashboard export and import of the .dbd file. There is no code to set it to maximize.

Right you have to add a customization on top of it to guarantee it will open full screen.

To personalize a screen size and location do this:

Get the screen to the size and location that you want it (in your case, maximize).
Open Tools > Options
Press OK to save. Changing any options is not necessary.

Opening in the future will result in restoration of the size and location.

I know I am a bit late to the party here. But can you share how you would use customization code to ensure a dashboard opens maximized every time?

Standard C# properties How do I Maximize my form on startup? C#

Save layouts can sometimes work if you do it from the actions menu.

Occasionally I will manually set location too Set form location c# - Stack Overflow

3 Likes

Perfect! I used this:

private void MainController_Load(object sender, EventArgs args)
	{
		MainController.WindowState = FormWindowState.Maximized;
	}

Thank you!

3 Likes