PUR-UKN transactions on a stock Item

I am having a similar issue as the one discussed here. We have a part that has been in our system for several years. It was always, and still is, coded as quantity bearing with the non-stock box unchecked. We have been buying from the same supplier all along, and all historical transactions went against inventory correctly. But our latest PO defaulted to “other”, the receipt transaction type is PUR-UKN, and the parts have not gone into receiving inspection or stock as needed. I cannot find anything different/changed about the part set-up, but each new PO line I create to test defaults to “other”. Thoughts?

If you want it to go to stock, then it should be a stock item. PO’s for non-stock items will automatically be listed as other and then received as PUR-UKN.

Charlie Smith

CRS Consulting Svcs

(860) 919-1708

CTCharlie@outlook.com

Yes, sorry if I was not clear. The non-stock box is unchecked – the part is coded as a stock item. But the PO is defaulting to “other”. POs will no longer process as an inventory part.

My first thought is to check to see if there are any method/data directives that affect PO lines and releases. Maybe something there is causing the flag to be changed to “Other”?

Can you please explain method/data directives? I am not familiar with that term.

Check to see if the PO Line references an Order Number. And/Or if the part has the Buy To Order box checked.

There is no link to an order number on the PO line, and Buy to Order is not checked on the part master or any related sales orders.

Did you check those Part flags on the Part->Plant tab(s) too?

Yes, all looks correct, and there have been no apparent changes in all the time we have been buying and stocking the part.

Is the cost on the PUR-UKN PartTran record the same as is on the PO? Or is it the STD Cost for the part?

Also look at the PartTran History to see if it was a one time thing, last for several days or weeks, or is still doing it.

And you’ve verified that making a new PO for the part and it defaults to “Buy For: Inventory”?

POs are all defaulting to “other” now, while all previous purchases were processed as inventory. I cannot see what could be causing the change we are now experiencing. I have entered a case for the Epicor techs to investigate. Thank you!

They are for making E10 work differently than it does out of the box.

Do you know how to enable tracing? If so, enable tracing (with BPM tracing enabled). Create a PO line, and then view the log. She the log to a text file, then post it here. Do it as an upload, not by pasting the text in a post.