Purchasing Factor Does not Calculate correctly in PO suggestions

Linda,

Yes we verified it in the Supplier list (Vendorpart Table)

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like it is a true but that was fixed in 409A
I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I hope so.

On some parts the Purchasing factor does not calculate when PO suggestions is run.

for example I have a PartA which is a 48X96 piece of sheet metal.
We issue it in square feet and purchase it in sheets (each)

The factor is 32. This means if we order 1 sheet from the vendor 32 square feet goes into our inventory.

This works great for 95% of all our Sheet Metal but once in a while a part will not apply the factor in PO Suggestions. It will show up as 1 not 32.

I have verified it in both the Vendpart Table where the ratio can also be set up per supplier and in the Part Table.

No matter what I change in the Part Entry the Factor will not apply to these few parts. To make even more interesting...if I duplicate the part the new part shows the ratio perfectly in PO suggestions.....

This can be very frustrating when buyers are relying on that factor to be right. there must be another place the Factor is being stored that PO suggestions looks at.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Did you look in the Supplier Price List?

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joshua
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 11:04 AM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Purchasing Factor Does not Calculate correctly in PO suggestions for some parts

On some parts the Purchasing factor does not calculate when PO suggestions is run.

The factor is 32. This means if we order 1 sheet from the vendor 32 square feet goes into our inventory.

This works great for 95% of all our Sheet Metal but once in a while a part will not apply the factor in PO Suggestions. It will show up as 1 not 32.

I have verified it in both the Vendpart Table where the ratio can also be set up per supplier and in the Part Table.

No matter what I change in the Part Entry the Factor will not apply to these few parts. To make even more interesting...if I duplicate the part the new part shows the ratio perfectly in PO suggestions.....

This can be very frustrating when buyers are relying on that factor to be right. there must be another place the Factor is being stored that PO suggestions looks at.

Thanks!!

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
We experienced this for 2 years but a recent upgrade to 409a SEEMs to have addressed the sporadic bug.

We're still monitoring - but so far, so good.

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Wed 7/7/10 11:09 am
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Purchasing Factor Does not Calculate correctly in PO suggestions for some parts

Thanks!!
Vantage 8.03.408A

I do not know if what I have seen falls in your exact scenario, but I have seen something very similar, and because you said "once in a while", I thought it was worth posting.

We had a number of instances where one of our buyers was changing the information within the P.O. Suggestion. Specifically, he would change the conversion factor because he didn't understand the big picture on how it all worked. At the time, I was not aware that he was doing this.

At some point the buyer started telling me that the conversion factors were not working correctly. I was chasing my tail because everything on the part setup was correct.

Even though the P.O. Suggestion was coming from my Job, the suggestion was not pulling in the part setup information. I was able to relate this to a specific buyer, and I finally concluded that it was on repeat buys. After observation of his methods I found he was changing the conversion factor. I was then able to see that the suggestions for repeat buys would pull in the last changes he had made in the P.O. Suggestion screen. New parts, without making changes on the suggestion would work correctly every time. On those that had been changed and not working correctly the test was to make the appropriate changes to the next suggestion and then the suggestions would function as expected going forward.

Might be worth looking at.

Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua" <kailua161@...> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I hope so.
>
> On some parts the Purchasing factor does not calculate when PO suggestions is run.
>
> for example I have a PartA which is a 48X96 piece of sheet metal.
> We issue it in square feet and purchase it in sheets (each)
>
> The factor is 32. This means if we order 1 sheet from the vendor 32 square feet goes into our inventory.
>
> This works great for 95% of all our Sheet Metal but once in a while a part will not apply the factor in PO Suggestions. It will show up as 1 not 32.
>
> I have verified it in both the Vendpart Table where the ratio can also be set up per supplier and in the Part Table.
>
> No matter what I change in the Part Entry the Factor will not apply to these few parts. To make even more interesting...if I duplicate the part the new part shows the ratio perfectly in PO suggestions.....
>
> This can be very frustrating when buyers are relying on that factor to be right. there must be another place the Factor is being stored that PO suggestions looks at.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!!
>
What we experienced was a true bug on 403b thr 405a (now resolved on 409a).

PO Entry (intermittently) failed to pull in the PUM (line stored) and/or conversion factor & direction (release stored).

We customized to resolve on 403 & 404 but 405 was significantly enough changed that it defied all efforts to overcome.

We put a 'people process' in place requiring the buyers to verify PUMs and conversion factors/direction came over correctly (and edit them to correct value if not) before approving.

That largely resolved the problem.

Rob

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Thu 7/8/10 10:54 am
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Re: Purchasing Factor Does not Calculate correctly in PO suggestions for some parts

Vantage 8.03.408A

I do not know if what I have seen falls in your exact scenario, but I have seen something very similar, and because you said "once in a while", I thought it was worth posting.

We had a number of instances where one of our buyers was changing the information within the P.O. Suggestion. Specifically, he would change the conversion factor because he didn't understand the big picture on how it all worked. At the time, I was not aware that he was doing this.

At some point the buyer started telling me that the conversion factors were not working correctly. I was chasing my tail because everything on the part setup was correct.

Even though the P.O. Suggestion was coming from my Job, the suggestion was not pulling in the part setup information. I was able to relate this to a specific buyer, and I finally concluded that it was on repeat buys. After observation of his methods I found he was changing the conversion factor. I was then able to see that the suggestions for repeat buys would pull in the last changes he had made in the P.O. Suggestion screen. New parts, without making changes on the suggestion would work correctly every time. On those that had been changed and not working correctly the test was to make the appropriate changes to the next suggestion and then the suggestions would function as expected going forward.

Might be worth looking at.

Jeff

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Joshua" <kailua161@...> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I hope so.
>
> On some parts the Purchasing factor does not calculate when PO suggestions is run.
>
> for example I have a PartA which is a 48X96 piece of sheet metal.
> We issue it in square feet and purchase it in sheets (each)
>
> The factor is 32. This means if we order 1 sheet from the vendor 32 square feet goes into our inventory.
>
> This works great for 95% of all our Sheet Metal but once in a while a part will not apply the factor in PO Suggestions. It will show up as 1 not 32.
>
> I have verified it in both the Vendpart Table where the ratio can also be set up per supplier and in the Part Table.
>
> No matter what I change in the Part Entry the Factor will not apply to these few parts. To make even more interesting...if I duplicate the part the new part shows the ratio perfectly in PO suggestions.....
>
> This can be very frustrating when buyers are relying on that factor to be right. there must be another place the Factor is being stored that PO suggestions looks at.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks!!
>