Push Excel Data to UD tables using SQL

Hi Guys,

I am having a requirement to push Excel data to UD forms through a scheduler.
I Have achieved it through manual customization but the customization cannot be attached to a schedule which we create in system agent.

The one solution I can think of is

1. Create a BAQ Report.
  2. Add my customization to BAQ Report Print form customization in which I will pull data from excel and create rows in UD.
  3. The thought process here is as soon as the scheduled time is Hit of BAQ Report it will trigger the report (I don’t know if it triggers the customization completely Bit)

Will this be achievable ? OR how can I get the AfterAdapterMethod of SubmitTo Agent method ?

OR

Is it possible to pick data from excel using SQL query and Insert to UD08 through a Stored Procedure and then add it to the Job scheduler?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Hi Saif,

Have you considered using a DMT upload that is run via powershell and initiated via windows task scheduler? There are good posts on here about how to do that. I like it because DMT is made for uploading the data per spec.

Nancy

2 Likes

Lots of different options but DMT or Service Connect are probably the two most common for this sort of thing.

But what’s the source and nature of this Excel data? And the business reasons for pushing it to UD tables? Need some more background info to give better recommendations…

DMT could be helpful, when there is a Fixed Format Data coming in. But if we need to Add Extra Logics Or Validations on the Data, I don’t think that DMT will support.

@patel_saif There are lots of post here doing this process with UBAQs or functions. The nice thing about the approach is you can test the ubaq and then schedule it or call it from rest.

I recently did two projects that read a directory and consumed the files based on extension, wrote data to Epicor or dropped anther file and then moved the processed files to another directory in post processing of getlist using standard C# utilities.
You don’t need anything real in the baq. You can just query the company table for a single company to kickoff the process.

1 Like