Quickship "setup" button not working, just goes back to home page

Hi, IDK if we missed something, or found a bug, but we seem to be in a loop with the SETUP button.

We have installed Quickship 5.0 & all has gone fine with the install, but the next step in the docs is to access the Setup tab & continue setting up ship via’s, users, etc. However when we click the Setup button, it just keeps going back to the Home page. I can see it flash the “/#/setup” in the URL at the top of the page, but then instantly goes back to /#/home. I tried in IE as well as Chrome, same results. Also added to “trusted intranet” & compatibility sites in IE but not change. I searched the different Windows Event logs, and don’t see anything being written to the logs at all, including the Epicor ones - so I don’t think it’s throwing an error really but just isn’t working. I’m not getting an error msg so can’t really send over a screenshot - the Setup button just does nothing. I can click on the 2 inquiry buttons and those pages come up fine.

I put in the site ID when installing & that seemed to work, but when I go to the Admin menu & About, it shows “No records available”.

ERP Version E10.2.400.2
Asset / Module Quick Ship FedEx US - E10 Manifest

If anyone else has this issue it seems to be a licensing issue on the Epicor side.
This was the response we got from an EPICCARE ticket CS0001573178

"the issue-the site id# we had was incorrect when we originally generated the license