Quote to Order - Order to Job

Based on what it says in the help file this flag gets set based on the part even before jobs are created.
So no use to me.
I will do it the long way with joins.

Ephraim Feldman

-----Original Message-----
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 12:34:32
To: <vantage@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [Vantage] Quote to Order - Order to Job

I'm guessing it gets set when you check "make direct" on a release, or if you create a job with a demand link to a sales order release.

-bws

Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix
���� bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of effgroups@...
Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 12:27 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Vantage] Quote to Order - Order to Job

Thanks brian

Will this flag be set after creating the job from order or is it a flag that this order is available to turn into a job?

Ephraim Feldman

Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 10:20:40

If OrderRel.Make = True then the release is linked to a job:

D: Indicates if this requirement or any part of it will be manufactured. Default the setting to "No" if valid Part and the Part.Type is "S" or "P". Default the setting to "Yes" if the part is not found in Part master or the Part.Type = "J". This flag also gets set if this release gets linked to a Job via Job Entry. There is an Index on this field so that we can display releases that need have a job assigned to them. This display is part of Job Entry.

I don't think Vantage has a Part Type of 'J' anymore so this may be a holdover from 6.x or previous versions?

-bws

Brian W. Spolarich ~ Manager, Information Services ~ Advanced Photonix / Picometrix

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of effgroups@...

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 7:55 AM

Thanks all,

I knew about the jobprod table. My question was if there is some type of flag that the order is connected to a job (like the ordered flag in quotedtl) but I guess I have to join the tables and to avoid duplicates I can make a find first jobprod.

Ephraim

Ephraim Feldman

Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:01:04

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<vantage@yahoogroups.com>

This is the key (what Sean estates): JobProd table

If you only need to know if any Order has been linked to a Job, just link your OrderHed table to JobProd (through Company and OrderNum and Outter-Joint) and evaluate at JobNum in JobProd table; just be aware that this can print duplicates because there might be multiple jobs for the same Order because the relationship between a Job and an Order happens at OrderRel (Order Release).

Regards.

Roel Martinez

ERP Analyst

SABRE TUBULAR STRUCTURES (tm)

www.sabretubularstructures.com<http://www.sabretubularstructures.com/>

8653 E. Hwy 67 | Alvarado, TX 76009

Phone: 817-852-1700 ext. 11858 | Direct Line: 817-852-1858 |Fax: 817-852-1705

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean McDaniel

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 1:29 PM

Probably the jobprod table as it contains the order information for make to order jobs.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of efyf_1999

Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 2:07 PM

To: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>

Subject: [Vantage] Quote to Order - Order to Job

Hi All

I am trying to get a report of all Quotes turned into orders but not yet turned into a job .

I know that on the Quotedtl there is a field ordered that is a flag if it was ordered and if i want to find the order i have to join to orderddtl that has the quotenum and quoteline.

My question is do i have to join the Jobtable to find if it has been turned into a job or is there a flag to indicate that the order has a job attached.

Any ideas on how to approach this report would be welcome

Have a nice weekend group.

Ephraim

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )

(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.

(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages

(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

Useful links for the Yahoo!Groups Vantage Board are: ( Note: You must have already linked your email address to a yahoo id to enable access. )
(1) To access the Files Section of our Yahoo!Group for Report Builder and Crystal Reports and other 'goodies', please goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/files/.
(2) To search through old msg's goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/messages
(3) To view links to Vendors that provide Vantage services goto: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vantage/linksYahoo! Groups Links

Hi All

I am trying to get a report of all Quotes turned into orders but not yet turned into a job .

I know that on the Quotedtl there is a field ordered that is a flag if it was ordered and if i want to find the order i have to join to orderddtl that has the quotenum and quoteline.
My question is do i have to join the Jobtable to find if it has been turned into a job or is there a flag to indicate that the order has a job attached.

Ephraim
Probably the jobprod table as it contains the order information for make to order jobs.

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of efyf_1999

Hi All

Ephraim

That's the hidden assumption here as well: there is no link between a sales order and a job in a make-to-stock scenario. You'd have to check "Make Direct" on the Order Release in order to have this link happen. See the explanation for "Make Direct" in the Vantage online docs for Sales Order Entry -> Releases.

-bws

--
    bspolarich@... ~ 734-864-5618 ~ www.advancedphotonix.com

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sean McDaniel
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2010 2:29 PM

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of efyf_1999

Hi All

Ephraim

------------------------------------

If you only need to know if any Order has been linked to a Job, just link your OrderHed table to JobProd (through Company and OrderNum and Outter-Joint) and evaluate at JobNum in JobProd table; just be aware that this can print duplicates because there might be multiple jobs for the same Order because the relationship between a Job and an Order happens at OrderRel (Order Release).

Regards.

Roel Martinez
ERP Analyst

From: vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:vantage@yahoogroups.com<mailto:vantage%40yahoogroups.com>] On Behalf Of efyf_1999

Hi All

Ephraim

That's correct Sean. JobProd table stores the order information details.
Â
Regards,
ArulÂ

--- On Sat, 15/5/10, Sean McDaniel <smcdaniel@...> wrote:

Received: Saturday, 15 May, 2010, 4:29 AM

Â

Hi All

Ephraim

Thanks all,

I knew about the jobprod table. My question was if there is some type of flag that the order is connected to a job (like the ordered flag in quotedtl) but I guess I have to join the tables and to avoid duplicates I can make a find first jobprod.

Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman

Regards.

Roel Martinez
ERP Analyst

Hi All

Ephraim

D: Indicates if this requirement or any part of it will be manufactured. Default the setting to "No" if valid Part and the Part.Type is "S" or "P". Default the setting to "Yes" if the part is not found in Part master or the Part.Type = "J". This flag also gets set if this release gets linked to a Job via Job Entry. There is an Index on this field so that we can display releases that need have a job assigned to them. This display is part of Job Entry.

I don't think Vantage has a Part Type of 'J' anymore so this may be a holdover from 6.x or previous versions?

-bws

--

Thanks all,

Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman

Regards.

Roel Martinez
ERP Analyst

Hi All

Ephraim

Thanks brian

Will this flag be set after creating the job from order or is it a flag that this order is available to turn into a job?

Ephraim Feldman

-bws

Thanks all,

Ephraim
Ephraim Feldman

Regards.

Roel Martinez
ERP Analyst

Hi All

Ephraim

I'm guessing it gets set when you check "make direct" on a release, or if you create a job with a demand link to a sales order release.

-bws

--

Sent: Monday, May 17, 2010 12:27 PM

Thanks brian

Ephraim Feldman

-bws

--

Thanks all,

Ephraim

Ephraim Feldman

Regards.

Roel Martinez

ERP Analyst

Hi All

Ephraim