Received Not Invoiced Report - Doesn't Tie To GL

Hello,

A couple questions on the Received Not Invoiced Report:

1. Why does our GL Recap at the end of the report show up with 2 line items (image). All of the items received should be hitting GL 15020-000-000 AP Clearing.

2. Our Received Not Invoiced report does not tie to the GL. They should tie exactly. I have gone through all the steps suggested by Epicor Support and cannot find the issue. Help please! Has anyone had this issue?

Thank you,
Lisa

Why does our GL Recap at the end of the report show up with 2 line items (image). All of the items received should be hitting GL 15020-000-000 AP Clearing.

• That total is the amount that has not been captured by WIP. In our case those are items received that day. At our company WIP runs daily late in the evening.

Has anyone had this issue?

• We have and it’s typically when a user deletes a receipt. Typically we find our issues by running the WIP capture for only unposted items.

That total is the amount that has not been captured by WIP. In our case those are items received that day. At our company WIP runs daily late in the evening - I run the report at monthend immediately after capturing WIP, so shouldn’t the entire amount be going to AP Clearing in that case since it is all captured?

I ran WIP capture for unposted items and it did not solve the discrepancy.

Do you utilize DocStar? I am concerned that has something to do with the error, but I have not been able to prove that yet.

No we don’t use DocStar

Are you out of balance by the amount on the report 54,300.55 or is it off by some other amount?

That is a pretty odd situation…

I believe I figured out the source of our issue. Still looking for some help to fix this…possibly a GL Control setup issue.

Occasionally we process an AP Invoice with a variance that was received in a previous month, but do not go back and open the month to unreceive the packing slip. Example below shows the journal entries and the error.

1. Part is received:
    D. WIP or Inventory
    C. AP Clearing

2. Invoice is processed with a variance
    D. AP Clearing for amount equal to original receipt
    D. Inventory Variance GL account (we manually enter this GL account when processing the invoice)
    C. Accounts Payable

The system automatically makes the below journal entry when we do this!! Where is this in Company Config or GL Control setup??
D. WIP or Inventory (good - this issues the proper cost to the job!)
C. AP Clearing -->not good! This never comes out of AP Clearing and does not show up on our
Received not Invoiced report, causing a GL to report difference! This GL Control
should be to Inventory Variance.

1 Like

@lfilzen if you look on EpicWeb, EpicCare or in Epicor help for E10 Hierarchies you will find a very detailed document of where the positing rules will look.

To anyone following this issue - we also found a big bug in Epicor. We use the date for Packing Slip numbers (so they are no unique - the system allows this) and when a PS was unreceived, odd behavior occurs in Epicor. It will unreceive the wrong cost and/or delete a transaction. This causes a discrepancy between GL and RNI report. Epicor support has been able to replicate and it is now reported. We have immediately started using the PO# for packing slip numbers + the date to create unique PS. I hope Epicor fixes this by not allowing the same PS#.

3 Likes