Reference column

Hello Everyone,

We have too few characters for Quantity Adjustment’s Reference column.
I would like to increase the number of characters in this column.
Where do I set it to do that?
Thanks in advance!

//Place this in FORM LOAD. The reference textbox on Qty Adjustment does not exist at Initialize Custom Code.

EpiTextBox txtRef = (EpiTextBox)csm.GetNativeControlReference("GUID HERE OF NATIVE REFERENCE TEXTBOX");
txtRef.FieldFormat.MaxLength = 60; //Put whatever value you need.

1 Like

Something to note is that, altering the length the field allows will only work if the database field allows it. In this case TranReference is nvarchar(max) but that is not the case with most fields in Epicor.

3 Likes

Yes, I’m not sure where else this field is used. So that should always be considered.

1 Like

Let’s use the tools in the system instead of going straight to code. In this case you can use Extended Properties Maintenance to change this as long as @jgiese.wci said the DB Supports it.

Simply open Extended Properties Maintenance and lookup the corresponding DataSet, you can find the data set by using an Epicor Trace in this case the DataSet is called: InventoryQtyAdj

Then simply update the format to x(1000) for example to expand the field to 1000 characters and save.
Open up Quantity Adjustment Screen and Profit. You don’t even have to close Epicor. :wink:

3 Likes

Caveat, depending on the cycle of the moon, alignment of the stars and who developed the screen and if they stuck to convention. This should be option one, but there will be blue moon situations where Extended properties may not work.

3 Likes

Awesome. You have opened my eyes oh wise one.

2 Likes