Reopen SO grayed out for user

For some reason the ‘reopen’ option for a user has become grayed out.

No security changes have been made to that user. Any ideas on what could cause this or places I could check?

Thanks.

It is a long shot, but under Work Force Maintenance you can add Authorized Users for Sales People.

Tried that - added that user to every Work Force entry, still didn’t work.

Run a trace and see which methods are called, and if any of the values jump out at you.

So turn the trace on, open the SO screen and see which methods are called? Since I can’t actually click on the Reopen Order button I’m hoping to see a method called when the SO is opened?

Correct. All sorts of methods get called when retrieving the info. And it’s this info that drives the UI into marking some fields as R/O or disabled…

Think of the “Re-open Order” as being a “disabled” control. Something in the data returned from when the Order was loaded into the form, is telling the UI that the control can’t be selected.

For example. The “Re-open Release” must be disabled if the Line is currently closed.

I’ve made the assumption that the issue is with a specific order, and not all orders. This true?

Specific to a user actually, but I’ll give the trace a look and post results here to see what could be causing it.

Specific to one Order, or to any closed order?

Any closed order for that specific user.

I’ve tested by looking at the same orders that she’s looking at, and her not having that ability but I do.

I deleted the previous post as it pertained to stuff that was order specific.

Is the Order Entry screen customized? Does the issue persist for that user when using the base form for Order Entry?

Is the user able to bring up open orders and edit and save?
Also, are you generally using authorized users on workforce, or just used it to test this user?

Yes, it’s customized, Support won’t touch it with a 10 foot pole as soon as I say it’s customized.

@Nancy, yes, she can create, edit, and save orders. We are using authorized users on workforce. I added her to every workforce entry.

Can she edit and save on orders she didn’t create?

Did you try launching the base form?

Have you tried deleting her personalizations? We have seen this a few times in the past.

3 Likes

Here’s the trace log:

Ice.Proxy.BO.GenXDataImpl GetList XXXDefListTableset 5/2/2019 13:40:17:0399379 PM 14 Ice.Proxy.Lib.BOReaderImpl GetRows System.Data.DataSet 5/2/2019 13:40:18:4970251 PM 12 Ice.Proxy.BO.ReportMonitorImpl GetRowsKeepIdleTime ReportMonitorTableset 5/2/2019 13:40:19:2324049 PM 9 '') OR (PrintDriver='SSRS' AND (AutoAction = 'PREVIEW' OR AutoAction = 'PRINT') AND LastAction = 'SSRSREADY')) AND WorkStationID ='ENV-WIN7-VM2-6 3']]> Ice.Proxy.BO.UD01Impl GetList UD01ListTableset 5/2/2019 13:40:19:9765741 PM 8 Erp.Proxy.BO.EmpBasicImpl GetList EmpBasicListTableset 5/2/2019 13:40:19:9980593 PM 12 '') and ( ((ShortChar02 = '004' or ShortChar02 = '005' or ShortChar02 = '006' ) and ('400' = '101' or '400' = '102' or '400' = '103' or '400' = '104' or '400' = '110' or '400' = '111' or '400' = '112')) or ((ShortChar02 = '010' or ShortChar02 = '011' or ShortChar02 = '012' ) and ('400' = '201' or '400' = '202' or '400' = '203' or '400' = '220' or '400' = '221' or '400' = '300')))) ) BY Name]]> Erp.Proxy.BO.EmpBasicImpl GetList EmpBasicListTableset 5/2/2019 13:40:20:0166147 PM 18 Erp.Proxy.BO.EmpBasicImpl GetList EmpBasicListTableset 5/2/2019 13:40:20:0429829 PM 18

Yes, she edit and save orders she didn’t create.
I launched the base form and she can reopen orders doing it that way, so it looks like it’s a customization issue.

@rnewell No, haven’t tried that yet. Should I do that from the Purge menu?

It looks like the trace log is getting truncated.

Attached is the full log.TraceData2784.txt (5.4 KB)

I think it’s pretty safe to say the issue is in the customization.

Was this user ever able to reopen orders? If yes, then the change that is causing the issue must be related to a change in the customization, or a secondary connection based on the user (like authorized users, security group, etc…).

So either get the customization author to look in to it, or figure out what secondary thing changed.

Yes, we’ve been using Epicor for 5+ years and she’s been able to reopen SOs the entire time. This issue just started happening.

No changes to the customization have been made since 2017

Bumping this. I’ve seen personalizations go “corrupt” and fields will gray themselves out.
Try deleting any personalizations for Order Entry.

2 Likes

After trying the personalization purge, export the Customization and upload it here. Maybe something will standout.