Required field in UD1XX pre-processing BPM

That’s because you set the tt value, not the UDtable value.

Also try setting your rowmod,. I don’t know if a new tableset has that set. I don’t know why there error would show up where it did, but it might just be the first one it tried. It needs to be “A”.

Edit: that’s not it. GetANew sets that when you get it.

Ok, thanks to your help I have found the issue. It came in setting the error display to display ex.ToString() instead of ex.Message. When the ToString() value was displayed, I saw it was Key2 that was the issue. When I first decided to use the UD table I had set extended values on the Key fields, then decided (after reading one of Jose’s posts here) to use (more descriptive) UD Fields instead. When @Jason_Woods had asked about Extended properties, I had completely spaced on the Key fields. I have removed the references and now the BPM works as expected. It is still not writing the UD105A (serial number) records, but I will work on that on my own or post a separate question later. I will bank the ex.ToString() method for future troubleshooting.

Before I accept an answer and mess it up, am I able to accept 2 answers? I would like to accept Jason’s as the correct answer from the beginning, but I wouldn’t have figured that out with Brandon’s display suggestion (and persistent work along the way).

Thank you both for your help!!

1 Like

You can give @Jason_Woods the solution. That’s technically what it was. I’m just glad I was able to help. I’m not a coder by trade, so I learn as much as I teach when I try to help figure this stuff out.

1 Like

Just a by the way, and for future reference, the message type was set by you in the code here.

Lol, OK. You could have fooled me as to being a non-coder. You have excellent trouble-shooting skills and are obviously a good man. Thank you again.