Reserved Qty vs Demand Qty - What is the difference and where does each come from?

We are trying to figure out why we have material shortage issues showing on the priority dispatch report when we know we have enough QTH of a part to fulfill job demand. Digging into it, we found that for some reason we have a “Job Reserve Qty” showing in Part Tracker in addition to “Job Demand Qty” that is causing the problem. However, we do not know where this Reserved QTY is coming from or calculated from. Does anyone know where we could find where this phantom demand could be getting reserved from?

Wonder if you have checked the Fulfillment workbench?

Hi Bruce,

I believe that definitely has something to do with it BUT no one here has ever used it or knows how to for that matter, at least not in the last several years and definitely not recently, but do you know a way that I can “clear out” all the “Reserved” quantities with it?

Have you tried running the ‘Refsh Part Quantities and Allocations’.

I had a scenario last week when I couldn’t make a part inactive, due to job demand quantity, however, I couldn’t find any active jobs.

I ran the above (in report mode first) and identified the issue and then ran it in ‘Report and Update’ mode and the issue was resolved.

Best Regards,

Andrew.

I might start in the Fulfillment Workbench

• on the List Sheet
  • after launching the Search
  • set the filter Reserved = “Include Only”.
    See if that returns any.

Andrew, thanks for the information, where exactly do I find the menu choice you mention?

Best Regards,

Mike Abell
Information Technology Manager
cid:image001.jpg@01D4662C.B064FEB0
Flexial Corporation****A Hyspan Company

1483 Gould Drive, Cookeville, TN 38506, USA

Phone: +1 931 432 8408

Cell: +1 615 418 3055

Fax: +1 931 432 1889

Mail:
mabell@flexial.com

http://www.flexial.com

Bruce, nothing shows at all in the Fulfillment Workbench BUT if I look in Part Tracker under ON Hand…Warehouses….I can see there are Reserved quantities listed there for the parts in question.

Best Regards,

Mike Abell

Mail:
mabell@flexial.com

E9 uses the old conversion program(s) - I would start out with 6432 in your Admin Tools.
You can print the report before you commit any changes.
There are a couple other conversions, I can’t think of their numbers off the top of my head… will try to look them up this afternoon.

Besides the Fulfillment workbench… I seem to remember Reservers can be hiding somewhere in Shipping/Receiving too. Will check my notes when I get a chance…will forward if I find anything.

Thanks Bruce, I found it and after running just the report, it appears it wants to reset every stinkin one of the “reserved” quantities back to ZERO which is what they should be. Our biggest problem is trying to figure out how they got
“reserved” in the first place. We think this situation has probably been this way for many many many years.

Best Regards,

Mike Abell

Mail:
mabell@flexial.com

Let me know if you figure it out.
I had a rash of these about a year ago… never did find the root cause.
(But… I really didn’t look too hard either).