Resource Group Description Greyed Out

Version 10.2.500.16

We are having an issue setting up new Resource Groups. The user has access to the item. They can enter the name of the group but description and department are greyed out.

I have looked through field security and nothing is set. I have also went into developer mode and went Base Only, still the same issue.

The only thing that seems to work is giving the end user Security Manager. But that isn’t a solution. Has anyone experienced this? I do have a couple users that are able to create groups and are not Security Mangers. I have looked over their setups and they look identical.

Any help would be appreciated.

@Jstew151 Welcome I don’t think this is an upgrade issue.

This definitely feels like field security or custom code and you have looked at both.

I was able to make this happen by using field security to change the default Access for those two fields to read, but that does not account for the other users ability.

Did you sort the access column in both list and users to be sure there was nothing set?

If you can paste the error message the user is getting, that would help identify the cause.

It could be a BPM (like @gpayne suggests) or Service Security, which is a different program from Field Security.

NVM. You said grayed out…

The user was part of two groups and one was set to read on field security. Thanks so much for the help.

1 Like