Resource Schedule Load Graph

Good morning,
I am running the Shop Load Graph dashboard. I found under: Production Management > Scheduling > General.

I selected a resource group I am interested in. Then I review the Resource Load Details tab. It shows a spreadsheet of load, dates, and hours. There are a lot of older dates in there, with a Load Description of “Arrears”. There are a lot of entries in there with 0 capacity and 0 Actual Load hours. There are also arrears entries in the spreadsheet for positive load hours in the past.

Recently I have turned off scheduling in the past, and I rescheduled my jobs with global scheduling. I thought this would get rid of my load that is in the past, and show it as load from today forward. After all, we can’t build parts in the past.

So how do I get these entries on the Shop Load Graph to go away? There is no job number reference in this report.

EDIT: I just noticed the same thing in my Site Schedule Load Graph. Lots of old load dates.
Thank you!
Nate

1 Like

Looks like that is a calculated field from BAQ zResourceLoadSLG.
when SubQuery1.ShopCap_LoadDate < Constants.Today then ‘Arrears’
else ‘Future Load’

If you haven’t already noticed, this dashboard (ShopLoadGraphSD) can be opened to show all the components. I also like to make copies of the dashboard AND the BAQs which then allows for customizing.

3 Likes

I guess this goes back to my other question about removing shop load:

1 Like

If you can backtrack from the resource(s) to the job(s)
I think you could manually remove the jobs from the schedule via job entry
or when I’ve just wanted to get a totally clear schedule, I’ve used DMT to complete on all the current jobs.
Of course… I always verify with a TEST system first.

2 Likes

So using the screenshot from my first post, How do I backtrack to find the job associated with the load on resource group 2B on 4/17/2019?

1 Like

Backtracking from a resource group/date to a specific job/date is tricky - since dates can be capacity based more than job based.

A couple places I might start

• BAQ list all JobOpDtl with the resource group
  • and/or set the logging to the highest level when running global scheduling
  • see if you can spot obvious candidates to remove from the schedule
    i.e. probably some hunting and pecking before you get a working routine?
2 Likes

I found some jobs with old start dates. These jobs didn’t get rescheduled by global scheduling because they were marked as complete, even though we aren’t done with the job. I guess this can happen sometimes when finance tries to move ahead of production. Once I found the jobs, I can reschedule them.

My bigger question is, where does the data from the ShopLoad table come from? I thought that it was pulled from the resource time used table. The RTU table doesn’t show any of these past load dates. The only place I can find the past dates is in the ShopLoad table, and in the job operation start/due dates.
Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

This shows you how to clear shop load.

2 Likes

I looked into my conversion workbench but I don’t see the processes they listed. Since this post is quite old, perhaps they have removed this functionality in 11.1.200 (2021.2.13). I can’t find any process that has a similar description to the ones listed.

It is 710 in 10.2.500. I exported the screen to Excel and then searched the ConversionID column for “load”.

1 Like

Yes! There it is along with a few others with promising sounding descriptions. I am going to run 590, 640, 650, and 710. Then see what happens to my load!
Thanks for helping me out!

After running each one and checking the shop load table, I can confirm that running the JCShopLoadRebuildForE10 process (number 710 for me), successfully removed past load. Thank you @jkane!!!

I may have gotten ahead of myself here. I am still seeing some old load in the ShopLoad table. The one load record I was working on did disappear. But only after I found the (complete by not closed) job, rescheduled the job, and ran that 710 process. Ideally I want to remove the old load without rescheduling the ops, as these are jobs that are complete. So changing the operation dates in the schedule is kind of worthless. I am not sure why these complete operations are still causing load. I will keep digging!

1 Like

What causes capacity to show in the Shop Load Graph? In there I can see a lot of capacity in the past, with 0 actual load. I would like this past capacity to go away, so our graph only shows future capacity and load. I ran the process 690 to create/fix the ShopCap Capacity totals. This seemed to remove some of the oldest capacity, but I still see some in there for last month that I don’t need.

Good question… wish I had a good answer but… I’m mostly just reminded me of this old thread; Shop Load Quandaries

There are a few things I am wondering though if you find some time…
How much history is in your data… e.g. fresh(ish) E10 implementation or multiple upgrades over years/decades?
Resources are mostly machines and/or employees?
How do you relieve your load(s)?
Generally, how timely/good/bad do you think the data entry practices at your site?

We are about 6 years into our Epicor deployment. I believe they were on Vantage before that. Our resources are all machines, not employees. Load is relieved by users entering quantities. Our data entry is pretty good. I would say its about 80% accurate, and data is entered within 12 hours of the operation completion.