Resource Scheduling

Our company uses the Resource Scheduling Board to plan and manage our shop. This is a very useful, yet complex process to master. I would like to establish an online “user group” of folks who also use Resource Scheduling. Occasionally we all have questions about the Scheduling process. A user group would be a great way to learn best practices for the module.

If interested, please reply and we’ll establish an online group.

Thanks,
Russ Elrod
General Manager, Brown Precision Inc.
Huntsville, AL

1 Like

Why not make it a part of this forum? I’m sure that if you think it’s necessary they could make a separate area for this. What’s the goal that would require something separate from this site?

6 Likes

Agree if we could do it here that would be helpful. Thanks.

3 Likes

I would be interested in this group.

1 Like

Can we keep it here? I’d be interested in lurking and picking up tips too…

3 Likes

@RussElrod this forum already exists and has a great community of people. Feel free to start topics here regarding scheduling.
This isn’t just a technical forum all Epicor topics are welcomed and encouraged

2 Likes

Jose,

Thanks for your reply. I’m new to E10Help. Where can I locate the forum specific to Resource Scheduling?

Thanks,
Russ

What I mean by “this forum already exists” I am talking about E10 Help. It’s a great forum for all topics related to Epicor and it already has a great community of people that would be interested in this topic.

There isn’t a specific forum for that particular topic within E10Help… But there doesn’t need to be (in my opinion).

You are free to start a topic on many or all topics related to Epicor and everyone will be notified and I’m sure eager to participate.

As many have shown interest above you’ll get plenty of engagement. This community is dedicate to all areas of Epicor not just technical issues. We embrace and encourage all conversations that can benefit one another.

You can tag a Topic with Resource Scheduling or Scheduling so that people know what it is related to.

If it becomes necessary we can create a specific category for it, but frankly most people in this forum are interested in all parts of Epicor so any question you pose should get engagement. Specially if its a topic of interest to the community.

1 Like

For example if you give someone the link Topics tagged resources they will see only posts with the tag “resources” and if they hit new topic it will add the tag “resources” automatically.

3 Likes

Thanks for your feedback everyone. Sounds like we should take Jose’s advice and just tag our posts with Scheduling. If we find a need for a separate category, maybe Jose / Epicor will work with us on that.

As for the goal, it’s to share best practices about Resource Scheduling, answer questions, and bounce ideas off other experienced users. I know plenty of experienced Epicor users who are not experienced with Scheduling. It’s definitely a niche topic with it’s own set of challenges.

I look forward to the future dialogue and questions. Stay tuned!!

Russ

1 Like

I live in the Epicor scheduling world. Glad to assist the forum in any way possible, also looking forward to learning from the folks here.

1 Like

So here’s our first Resource Scheduling question…

In the Menu “Action” items, we used “Load Level” to reschedule all jobs to the current day and beyond.
However it’s stacking jobs on the current day without “leveling” them into the future. Help! Why is it doing that?!
Screenshot below…

FYI, the screen shot didn’t work. Here’s a link to a post about a nice tool that makes it really easy to get screen shots.

As for your question, Do you have all of your resource capacities set correctly? One of the reasons we can’t use level loading is because our capacities are not well enough defined to be able to use finite scheduling, which I imagine, has to be used for level loading. I know it’s a lot of set up, and we haven’t really tried to tackle it here.

I’ll inquire about our capacity settings and reply soon. I do know we reviewed them several weeks ago, but I’ll confirm they are correct.

Thanks for the screenshot link. We use MS Snippet which works well, but not sure why it didn’t upload. Hopefully I can post the image soon.

Maybe this image works!! Apparently E10Help likes jpg instead of png.

It would appear that your resource is most likely set to infinite capacity. Change to finite and then reschedule

Might also be the finite horizon - if these jobs are scheduled beyond that, they will schedule infinitely no matter what.

1 Like

We have a job which Scheduler is bumping out from May to Oct. It appears the constraint may be on material delivery. Mtl: 10 shows a yellow tag with yellow dot. I’ve never seen the yellow dot before. What does that represent?
BOM

Any chance user help RE constrained part is applicable for your here?

1 Like

Thanks Nancy. Yes, that was very helpful. Great resource.