Restoring windows that are "off screen"

Any way to check if a window is outside of the clients visible desktop? And if so, to move it back into the visible area?

Background:
A lot of our people split time between the office and working remotely. The office workstations usually have dual 24" monitors, while remote is done via laptops with smaller screens.

While on the 24" screen, a user can move a window to out side of the visible area of a 17" laptop monitor.

I can use Personalization Purge to fix it, but that requires the user entering a ticket, and all the waiting and overhead that comes with using our help desk.

I’d like for forms to check and “fix” themselves upon loading.

Windows + Left Arrow, I believe

1 Like

Or, Windows + Shift + arrow

1 Like

thank’s @Adam

While testing that, I recalled the ALT+space (with the window in question in focus) brings up a menu for moving and resizing the window.

(right edge of that pict, is the right edge of my screen, and the window in question is off the right side of the desktop)

Selecting the Move, then using the arrow keys lets you bring it back on screen.

Also, you can click the arrow once and then move it the rest of the way with your mouse. Super fast.

BTW, I haven’t seen the off-screen issue in a while. Did Epicor sneak an improvement in 10.2.200? Have others noticed no more off-screen windows when un-docking from multiple monitors?

Mark W.

1 Like

Yeah. Didn’t know how to word that. But the important thing is that have to hit an arrow key at least once. Else you’re just moving a 4-way pointer around the screen.

1 Like