Retrieving BPM exception details when triggered by REST

Hello. I have a BPM that is triggered by REST. It was originally set up by an Epicor consultant, but we’ve had to make some changes after the fact to change days to business days. These changes are working fine in the test environment, but in the live environment using the updated version of the BPM gives the following exception:

“BPM runtime caught an unexpected exception of ‘TransactionAbortedException’ type.\r\nSee more info in the Inner Exception section of Exception Details.”

The issue is that since the BPM is not giving an exception in the ERP, but rather only when triggered by the REST API, either by Postman (for testing) or by an app which was written by our web developers. I cannot figure out how to find any of the Exception Details to try and figure out anything more specific about what is going wrong.

Is there any way to find details for an exception that has previously happened in a situation like this? I’m only really looking to find out the details I would need to troubleshoot right now, but I can post BPM code as well if necessary.

Look in the event viewer on the server. there are more details probably

Ah thank you, I think that did work! Now I just have to decipher this error :upside_down_face:

1 Like

and what does it say? :slight_smile:

Server Side Error
Server Side Exception
EpicorServerException
Correlation ID: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000
Description: BPM runtime caught an unexpected exception of ‘TransactionAbortedException’ type.
See more info in the Inner Exception section of Exception Details.
Program: System.Transactions.dll
Method: CreateAbortingClone
Original Exception Type: TransactionAbortedException
Framework Method: CreateDefaultTransactionScope
Framework Line Number: 180
Framework Column Number: 13
Framework Source: CreateDefaultTransactionScope at offset 152 in file:line:column C:_Releases\ICE\UD10.2.500.15FW\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Data\IceDataContext.cs:180:13

Server Trace Stack:    at System.Transactions.TransactionStateAborted.CreateAbortingClone(InternalTransaction tx)

at System.Transactions.DependentTransaction…ctor(IsolationLevel isoLevel, InternalTransaction internalTransaction, Boolean blocking)
at System.Transactions.Transaction.DependentClone(DependentCloneOption cloneOption)
at System.Transactions.TransactionScope.SetCurrent(Transaction newCurrent)
at System.Transactions.TransactionScope.PushScope()
at System.Transactions.TransactionScope…ctor(TransactionScopeOption scopeOption, TransactionOptions transactionOptions, TransactionScopeAsyncFlowOption asyncFlowOption)
at Ice.IceDataContext.CreateDefaultTransactionScope(Nullable1 requiresNew) in C:\_Releases\ICE\UD10.2.500.15FW\Source\Framework\Epicor.System\Data\IceDataContext.cs:line 180 at Ice.TablesetBound3.InnerUpdate[TUpdater](IceDataContext dataContext, TFullTableset tableset) in C:_Releases\ICE\UD10.2.500.15FW\Source\Framework\Epicor.Ice\Services\TablesetBound.cs:line 851
at Erp.Services.BO.SalesOrderSvc.Update(SalesOrderTableset& ds) in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.500.15\Source\Server\Services\BO\SalesOrder\SalesOrder.Designer.cs:line 3900
at Erp.Services.BO.SalesOrderSvcFacade.Update(SalesOrderTableset& ds) in C:_Releases\ERP\UD10.2.500.15\Source\Server\Services\BO\SalesOrder\SalesOrderSvcFacade.cs:line 9356
at Epicor.Customization.Bpm.BOA6412ABC4FAB4B2182329B3D923F4DF7.UpdatePreProcessingDirective_Update_ShipDate_on_Sales_Order_D606ED881FED4D1C86402A6C9BAD63D3.A004_InvokeBOMethodAction()
at Epicor.Customization.Bpm.BOA6412ABC4FAB4B2182329B3D923F4DF7.UpdatePreProcessingDirective_Update_ShipDate_on_Sales_Order_D606ED881FED4D1C86402A6C9BAD63D3.ExecuteCore()
at Epicor.Customization.Bpm.DirectiveBase`3.Execute(TParam parameters) in C:_Releases\ICE\RL10.2.500.0FW\Source\Server\Internal\Lib\Epicor.Customization.Bpm\DirectiveBase.Generic.cs:line 146