Reversing an A/R posted batch

Is it at all possible to “unpost” an A/R batch?? Actually, I only have one invoice that I need unposted, so I can add an additional line item missed. Is there another way around this other than unposting an entire batch? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

You cannot unpost either the whole group or one invoice. You can create a cancellation invoice. This will make the packing slip available for invoicing again also if needed. After that you can make the invoice again as required.

There is also a correction invoce although I am not too sure if it will serve your purpose.

Is it possible to give me directions to create a cancellation invoice? I assume by doing so, it will move the shipment back to be invoiced and I will have the ability to add a line item. Possibly??

AR Invoice Entry – Cancel Invoices

Use commands in AR Invoice Entry to cancel invoices that contain errors. When you cancel an invoice, the

application creates a credit memo that reverses the invoice’s lines and taxes.

To cancel an invoice:

1. Click the Actions menu and select Create Cancellation Invoice.

2. The Create Cancellation Invoice window displays.

3. Enter or find and select the Legal Number to specify the invoice to cancel. The legal number is the unique

number assigned to identify this transaction. If legal numbers are not implemented, the application selects

the invoice number entered in this field.

4. Use the Invoice Date field to specify a date for the new credit memo.

5. In the Document Type field, use the drop-down list to select the document type for the credit memo.

6. Click OK.

7. Click Yes to the confirmation message.

It will move the shipment back to be invoiced and you can correct it and then invoice again.

Thank you so much!!! Have a great day!

Lisa Rueber

Controller

Lintern Corporation Worldwide

P.O. Box 90

8685 Station St.

Mentor, Ohio 44061-0090

Phone: 440-290-5145

Fax: 440-255-0217

Email: lrueber@lintern.com

image002.png