RMA Processing

Does anyone here use RMAs that are Multi-Site? If you do, do you filter the RMAs by site or just leave the landing page as is? I have been asked if it is possible as both my sites now use RMA processing and was just wondering if others did and how they did it?

Hi Daniel,

We use RMAs and are multi site. We do not filter the RMAs by site, just leaving the landing page as is. I may be wrong but I thought that the RMA header / detail were site independent until the receipt comes through, receiving the returned part to a particular site. Take a look at the tables, does rma header or detail contain the plant or site field? I have thought along the lines of customer could return the part to any plant regardless of what plant the RMA was entered under, but I may be wrong.

Nancy

I literally am digging into this right now and unfortunately we don’t “receive” anything back, but make the record as something to credit back. This is causing me headaches now because the plant on invchead is our main plant (where the credit memo invoice was created for the RMA), but it’s referencing a shipment that shipped out of California.

RMA’s plus accounting / g/l controls :face_vomiting: .. not my fave combination for certain!

I immediately was like, do plants have a GL segment?

Even though we are one Company, our Sites do work independently and are essentially different businesses in the sense that they build different products so returns go to the site that the product was built.
With that in mind and a little bit of help from Application Studio and a BPM i can now add the Site to the RMA Header based upon the users Current Site that they work in (Again our users are site specific). That then fills in a Custom Read Only field when the RMA Header is saved.

That’s a nice BPM @Daniel_White. We have our accounting and returns at one site do the work for the other site so this gets tricky.