ROHS/Conflict Materials

Thanks for the input Ernie.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Elizabeth" <gracefulthreads@...> wrote:
>
> Jerry,
>
> It's messy.
>
> The RoHS Compliance Rollup Process in 9.04 is broken (SCR 86278, no firm target yet, still broken in 9.05.702A which I'm testing now). To replace that I've had to create a Service Connect workflow (the DMT for 9.04 doesn't work with the necessary tables... DMT in 9.05.702 does!).
>
> I'm doing it sort of hybridly but mostly manually, because we have a few components left that are NOT RoHS compliant. For our finished goods we need to be able to tell 3 states: Known Compliant, Known Not Compliant, and Not Known Compliant.
>
> To get there, we created Substances for each of the 6 RoHS nasties, and then a 7th Substance named "Unknown". For all component parts (in our case, Part.TypeCode = "P"), we set the "Unknown" substance to a weight of 1 lb. Next, for all component parts that we've been notified are NOT compliant, we changed the "unknown" weight back to 0 and then set the non-compliant substance weight to 1lb. For components certified as compliant we set the "unknown" weight back to 0.
>
> Now all my Known Compliant components have a total Substance Weight of 0, while Known Not Compliant and Not Known Compliant are 1.
>
> I created a second query and made it into a dashboard showing the finished good part and all its materials, and if the material has a substance restriction weight of 1 it displays in yellow, and the user knows that it's either Not Compliant or (more likely) Not Known Compliant, and they can just right-click on the material, open Part Tracker or Part Display and get the whole scoop.
>
> Now the hard part (not necessary, but useful). In 9.04 I created a Service Connect workflow to update all the finished goods parts. It's REALLY cumbersome, but it does the job. In 9.05.702 the DMT will take care of that VASTLY more easily. I can give you details on that if you like.
>
> I never thought about how complicated this really is... I just do it every other week or so sort of half-awake.
>
> Ernie Lowell
> Diba Industries
>
> --- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jerryblais" <jerryblais@> wrote:
> >
> > Seeking some input on what other Epicor 904.507A users are doing to handle ROHS/Conflict material tracking.
> >
>
Seeking some input on what other Epicor 904.507A users are doing to handle ROHS/Conflict material tracking.
Jerry,

It's messy.

The RoHS Compliance Rollup Process in 9.04 is broken (SCR 86278, no firm target yet, still broken in 9.05.702A which I'm testing now). To replace that I've had to create a Service Connect workflow (the DMT for 9.04 doesn't work with the necessary tables... DMT in 9.05.702 does!).

I'm doing it sort of hybridly but mostly manually, because we have a few components left that are NOT RoHS compliant. For our finished goods we need to be able to tell 3 states: Known Compliant, Known Not Compliant, and Not Known Compliant.

To get there, we created Substances for each of the 6 RoHS nasties, and then a 7th Substance named "Unknown". For all component parts (in our case, Part.TypeCode = "P"), we set the "Unknown" substance to a weight of 1 lb. Next, for all component parts that we've been notified are NOT compliant, we changed the "unknown" weight back to 0 and then set the non-compliant substance weight to 1lb. For components certified as compliant we set the "unknown" weight back to 0.

Now all my Known Compliant components have a total Substance Weight of 0, while Known Not Compliant and Not Known Compliant are 1.

I created a second query and made it into a dashboard showing the finished good part and all its materials, and if the material has a substance restriction weight of 1 it displays in yellow, and the user knows that it's either Not Compliant or (more likely) Not Known Compliant, and they can just right-click on the material, open Part Tracker or Part Display and get the whole scoop.

Now the hard part (not necessary, but useful). In 9.04 I created a Service Connect workflow to update all the finished goods parts. It's REALLY cumbersome, but it does the job. In 9.05.702 the DMT will take care of that VASTLY more easily. I can give you details on that if you like.

I never thought about how complicated this really is... I just do it every other week or so sort of half-awake.

Ernie Lowell
Diba Industries

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "jerryblais" <jerryblais@...> wrote:
>
> Seeking some input on what other Epicor 904.507A users are doing to handle ROHS/Conflict material tracking.
>