Routing & Printing to a share

We have a routing and printing rule in place that will email invoices to the customer. Can we use the same rule to save the invoices to a network share? We want it to still have the same breaking rule and save it with the file name as the Invoice Num.

Can this be done? I haven’t figured out the send to share.

I don’t think you can without some custom code.

Or maybe if you can use the “Print to PDF” as the destination printer, then APR would present the user with the SaveAs dialog. I don’t know if you can automate “Print to PDF” past that, but it might be worth looking at.

If you have ECM, you can certainly save it AND like it back to the invoice transaction.

We don’t have ECM.

Well this is disappointing but I will keep working on it.

Don’t give up b/c of my comments - there are some creative folks here and might have an answer for you when they see your post! I’m curious too, but we have ECM so it was never a thing I had to figure out.

Alternatively have the email bcc to a group mailbox that will store all the emails sent

1 Like

We need them to a network share so another program can grab them and upload them to a website. It is a thing called Lockstep.

Lockstep has an API? Then you could upload the invoices via the API with an Epicor function.

By the looks yes

They provide examples too

That went from zero to very quickly…

They also have a POSTMAN collection as well as example file formats. for uploads ect.

I am thinking:

• Create a BAQ to get the invoice data in the right format
  • Call the BAQ export method in a function.
  • Call the Lockstep API and upload the CSV
  • Store the results of the upload in a UD table for logging

Not sure if the Lockstep API checks if an invoice already exists or not, and you would want to put some handling in for those circumstances where the invoice might get reversed…etc…

1 Like

We had to do this with custom code in a BPM.

1 Like

I spoke with someone in the know (read heavy hitting insider) last year at Insights and asked basically this very question and asked for expansion of either APR or an intercept for email like the other BOs.

The drinks were flowing and he also said he was open to it, and we’d continue the discussion, and he had some ideas on how we could do it now.

However, the drinks dried up, we went home, and I think we both forgot. :rofl:

1 Like

LOL - isn’t that always the way. Shoot me a name and I’ll come at him from another direction. I know some ECM folks.