Row Rule in Order Entry

I made a row rule in Order Entry. The rule is basically that if the Part in the OrderDtl has a custom checkbox = true, then highlight the ROW in Warning.

How do I edit this to where the grid doesn’t depend on where I click, but if the part in the OrderDtl has Part.Dependent_c = true then just that row is yellow. And if the Part.Dependent_c = false for that OrderDtl part, the grid row is always white.

Part 61136 has Part.Dependent_c = True, part SS-L6 has part.Dependent_c = False.
I want the row with SS-L6 to be white, and the row with 61136 to be yellow.
But this is making the whole grid the color based on row/part I’ve clicked

Is the Part view a FKV? That will only show one record at a time if so.
You may want a UD field on the OrderDtl that is a copy of the Part Record.
Also, if you go to the Line > Detail tab, you will see the whole screen is highlighted. I would offer you only highlight a few fields and/or only the grid.

Lastly, your “Line Ship Pay Info” group is showing Line information but can only show the current line selected. If all lines are the same for those fields, you are fine, but if not, it could get confusing.

1 Like

Let’s say I create a Row rule that says if Order Qty is > 1, highlight yellow

Make a sales order with 2 lines, Line 1 is for 1 qty, Line 2 is for 5 qty.
If I click Line 1 in the Summary tab, Lines Detail grid, all lines go white becuase the Order Qty > 1 condition is not met. Even though Line 2 has a Qty > 1.
If I click Line 2, the whole grid goes yellow, even though Line 1 has a qty of 1 and does not meet the rule.

Is that the normal behavior and I need to change the way I’m approaching this?
or am I doing it incorrectly?

The Rule View and Select View have some interactions.

In your hypothetical (post 3) are you using OrderDtl for both the Rule View and Select View?

With the following RowRule (for OrderDtl.OrderQty > 5) :

I get:

1 Like

Thank you, I changed the approach, used a BPM with Update Table and copied field from Part to OrderDtl. With field in OrderDtl, the highlight coloring works as desired.
But… new issue, and I’ll make new entry for that.