Row-Update

In App Studio, is the row-update widget supposed to actually commit the data?
I have it update some fields, which works, but I still have to click the save button in order for it to commit the row.
I tried the data-commit widget right after, but that doesn’t seem to do the trick either.
Bug? Or am I missing a piece?

Still have to set the RowMod field?

No joy.

Can you please give the graphic of the whole event?
I am curious to see what the event trigger hook is.

Sure thing. There are row-updates on both sides of the event I posted further up.
They all initially show the fields being updated in the GUI, but if I leave the record and go back in, they are all blank again unless I hit Save before leaving.

I completely misunderstood the original question - I thought that the dataview itself is not updated with the new values :slight_smile:

Are you saving that it shows you the updated values on the screen, but they are not really saved unless you hit the Save button?
If that is the case, that is because there is no Ice.BO.UD34Svc::Update call made in that flow…

2 Likes

That was the question.
I was trying to understand if row-update was smart enough to do it on its own or if I had to call something to do it.

So, any time I do a row-update, if I want the data pushed to the DB without hitting save, then I have to call the corresponding update BO?

Yes sir… Until that Update call happens all the changes are in client-side only.

2 Likes

Thanks!

And just like that it works. :slight_smile:

I have this situation with a row-update and I want to call SalesOrderSvc.Update with rest-erp thingy but it wants a dataset as the parameter, how do I get my dataset when I’m in dataview land ?

If I recall, you put the name of the view in there.

Like this:

Hmmm, I’m not sure, here’s more detail of what I have:

my row update updates a field in OrderHed, then my rest-erp is calling SalesOrder.Update which looks like this:

and

but when my update call is made this is what I see in debug:

looks kind of normal but my payload ds looks like this on the network tab:

(response is empty to but I did not really need the response

I think there’s also a request params spot you can specify it. Try there.

wowza, this is what I did:

based on this stuff for OrderHed dataview (Dataset Id’s)

my rest erp setup continued is:

and:

I got a payload and response:

payload, interestingly has the before and after OrderHed record

response has the modified record only:

I have to do some more testing to verify it all, but looks very promising

Thanks

2 Likes